These Beef Short Ribs Turned Out Awesome w/ Mexican Street Corn and Brussel Sprouts

Mark In The Pit

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
[ame]https://youtu.be/PfMg1465Gao[/ame]

Ingredients:

Beef Short Ribs
Hot Sauce (dealer's choice)
Bad Byron’s Butt Rub
Salt

Method:

Rub rib with hot sauce. Rub rib with butt rub and salt. Preheat smoker to roughly 275°F - 300°F for around 4 hours or until tender. The beef rib is done when the tenderness has a consistency like poking a thermometer through a stick of chilled butter.

Personal preference: You can spray rib occasionally with a mixture. I like to use 50 / 50 apple cider vinegar / apple juice. For smoking wood, I used a mix of pecan and peach wood. I don’t like to soak my wood because to me it gives the smoke a stale taste and smell.

Brussel Sprouts

Ingredients:

Brussel Sprouts
Cremini Mushrooms
Jalapeno
Garlic
Butter

Method:

Clean, rinse trim and half Brussel sprouts. Slice cremini mushrooms and jalapeno. Use proportions to taste. Mince garlic. Add about 1 TBS of butter to the pan. Toss on grill at 300°F - 350°F until sprouts are tender. Stir occasionally.

Mexican Street Corn

Ingredients:

Corn On The Cob
Mayonnaise
Taco Seasoning
Garlic
Lime
Cheese

Method:

Partially shuck corn leaving stem and leaves, remove all silk strands from tip. Pull all leaves opposite of cob, pull off one leaf and use that to tie up the rest of the bundle into a neat looking handle. Par boil the cob end only. The kernels should be andante.

Combine roughly 2TBS of mayo per cob, 1/2 TSP of taco seasoning, minced garlic to taste, two good squirts of lime juice.

Take mayo mixture and rub down par cooked cob completely. Put on hot part of the grill and turn as mayo starts to burn. When it starts turning black it’s time to turn. Continue this rotation until the cob has a nice-looking char all around. This can happen quickly, you may want to wait and watch it as this part finishes up.

Top the hot corn with any shredded cheese you have available. We usually have parm or cheddar on hand but anything will work.

Very nice cook. Great plated shot there at the end. Ya just gotta love Mexican Street Corn; it's always a favorite around these parts. Kudos on a nice cook.

Well done. I see that you're making great efforts on video production, nice job!

Just a friendly production suggestion. Work on getting your audio cleaned up. Your video and narration is good, but the audio needs to be normalized.

I think the boiling {loud sizzle} of the spray needs to be softened or removed, and the outro audio level needs to be softened quite a bit.

Your video could cause headphone users to bleed... :shock:

Anyway enough of that. Those shorts look good!

Well done. I see that you're making great efforts on video production, nice job!

Just a friendly production suggestion. Work on getting your audio cleaned up. Your video and narration is good, but the audio needs to be normalized.

I think the boiling {loud sizzle} of the spray needs to be softened or removed, and the outro audio level needs to be softened quite a bit.

Your video could cause headphone users to bleed... :shock:

Anyway enough of that. Those shorts look good!

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. I agree with all your production points :). I like to think I am making great strides in cleaning things up and making the videos overall more enjoyable to the viewer as you will see in my newer videos. Had to do a bit of a hardware upgrade but well worth the cost of admission to a better video.

Back