ABT Holder On the Cheap

chinesebob

is Blowin Smoke!
I mentioned this in one of the other threads but thought I would put some pics up just so people could see. I'm not usually this inventive so it's a big day when I think of something like this up.

View attachment 12200
View attachment 12201

I used a standard metal cookie sheet from GFS/restaurant depot - cost 4.00.
I pulled out my trusty 1 1/8 inch bi-metal bit from HD. - ~10.00
This is my rough layout of the potential spaces. I tried to follow some order spacing them out about 2 inches. When I drilled I put a wood block approximately 2 inches thick by 12 inches long by 6 inches wide under the pan. This gave me enough room to kneel on it to hold it in place while I used my drill. I tried using a drill press but the pan is too big for the second row, so I ended up using the hand drill.

Got busy getting ready for company so I didn't take a pre-cook picture but here's a picture of the post cook setup.
View attachment 12203
I only did half the pan as I was running out of time. I put a regular pan underneath it so that it would minimalize the mess. Once people got used to the idea of an Atomic Buffalo Turd they were gone in no time.

View attachment 12202

I used jalapeno and red chili peppers. We used the generic chives and onion cream cheese mixed with the pineapple cream cheese then added mild cheddar and garlic to the mix, loaded the peppers, wrapped in bacon, placed in the pan, put on the smoker, 30 minutes later pulled them off. 12 minutes from then, they were gone. only 6 adults - 20 ABT's. Huge hit.

Thank you all for enlightening me to my new favorite snack.

Very ingenious! I wonder if the wife would miss a pan or two out of the kitchen??? Chances are she won't!

James.

Yeah - those are my catering pans. She doesn't care. Especially since the first thing she wants me to make in the upcoming UDS is another batch of them!

Very ingenious! I wonder if the wife would miss a pan or two out of the kitchen??? Chances are she won't!

James.

Try it and let us know how bad the beating was......

Bob,
Great idea. My son got me a nice pepper holder that holds 21 last year for Christmas. Every time he comes over he asks where the ABT's are.... I think he had a method in his madness....

Bill

Back