Not Strictly BBQ but Grilling - radiant quartz technology

MeatyOakerSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hello

I have a friend looking for a new grill. He's a big fan of charcoal but I think the convenience factor is swaying him towards an alternative. I have no real experience in anything but charcoal grills and gas grills.

Anyone know anything about these RQT grills?

http://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/products/product-view.aspx?id=20376

Here's a little snippet from the website:
Radiant Quartz Technology (RQT)
The Radiant Quartz Technology (RQT) has been designed and developed in Australia. Its infra-red burner delivers radiant heat directly under the food Radiant infra-red heat is far more efficient at transforming heat to food than traditional convention gas flame systems which can dry out and burn

Thanks
Sam

look like one ceramic burner to me. always wanted a salamander but overhead kind. I have a semi functional rotisserie type ceramic burner on the back of my weber summit but the angle makes it hard to get an even cook. but still better in my opinion than this aussie setup, the underneath frame lidat will get rusted out fairly quick (yes even stainless due to high heat).

It looks pretty, ... but there are a lot of things I'd buy before I got one of those. If he wants convenience and would consider paying that much, I'd steer him toward a pellet pooper, like a Yoder.

I use an IR searing burner on my gasser. Love it to mark steaks. With it and my regular burners I have our sirloins med-rare in about 5 minutes. I also use it to saute onions and other veg...I like it a lot better than a regular side burner you see on most grills. I also have the IR on the back of the main chamber for use with the rotisserie. You have to use it "as intended" and get used to the really high heat, but for grilling it is great.

Back