clean up water at comp

jketron

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
what are you using during a comp for a sink? I cant imagine you bringing a sink :)

how are you doing any cleanup in between?

Before getting my trailer I was using a coleman water heater and three gray bins for washing dishes.

I bought a utility sink of craigslist for $25 just like this one. I also got very lucky and had a friend give me a small hot water heater. Together they are magical. Though just having a sink is great.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0011706IW/ref=asc_df_B0011706IW1987722?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B0011706IW&hvpos=1o4&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1178210284728249391&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt="]Amazon.com: Swanstone MF-1F.010 Veritek Floor Standing Single Bowl Laundry Tub: Home Improvement[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
wow you do bring the kitchen sink.... thats awesome..ok I need to look at a setup.
So I imagine you bring the extra buckets for the old water to then dump in the correct area

First of all, sorry I didn't have a chance to say hi in Winchester and congrats on your calls! I looked for you, but didn't see you during the event and cheared you on at awards:)

Anyway, my teamate and I have talked about getting a sink several times and it came up again in Winchester. One of the things that keeps holding us back is....what do you do with your grey water? Do you have a container under it to catch? Hope you're on the outside or close to a drain and run drain hose? The three-tub sink works for us because we don't use (and have to dispose of) a lot of water. We probably use 5-10 gallons per comp, and I would think a one compartment sink would be a lot more.

dmp

I use the coleman hot water on demand. Works great!

wow you do bring the kitchen sink.... thats awesome..ok I need to look at a setup.
So I imagine you bring the extra buckets for the old water to then dump in the correct area

Here is a bad picture of our sink setup. You can see the small hot water heater and there is a 5 gallon bucket underneath the sink to catch the water so we can dump it wherever they want us to.
Sink.jpg

First of all, sorry I didn't have a chance to say hi in Winchester and congrats on your calls! I looked for you, but didn't see you during the event and cheared you on at awards:)

Anyway, my teamate and I have talked about getting a sink several times and it came up again in Winchester. One of the things that keeps holding us back is....what do you do with your grey water? Do you have a container under it to catch? Hope you're on the outside or close to a drain and run drain hose? The three-tub sink works for us because we don't use (and have to dispose of) a lot of water. We probably use 5-10 gallons per comp, and I would think a one compartment sink would be a lot more.

dmp

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.
You can stick a 5 gallon bucket under it and carry it to a drain if there is one available.

Sinks

Why not bring the kitchen sink?

15 gallons grey water, 10 gallons fresh. Most contests have a greywater dump, or a handy storm drain.

Attachments

• P1010614_3.JPG
    P1010614_3.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 195
Do comps provide a hose connection for you or just a place to get water and you fill your own buckets to use?

Hi,
I see some beautiful stations here but want to represent the basic folks... I keep it very simple.

I believe the requirement is a 3 station wash basin allowing for wash, rinse and sanitize. Because of my limited space, I bring three hotel sized aluminum pans(i.e. Sam's/Costco pans), and setup the station as necessary. First pan contains water, sponge and soap. Second bin is clear water, third bin is water and bleach.

You can go as fancy as necessary per the above threads, assuming you can bring your own water pump. Otherwise, I have never been questioned with what I do.

Hope this helps.

I go with 3 Bus Bins from Rest Depot ( $4.50 a piece) and heat some water on one of my burners to have hot water for dishes.

I use the 3 bus tubs + Coleman Hot Water on Demand to do mine for the few dishes I need to do during the comp.
What dishes I don't do, at the end of the comp, I just toss them into a garbage bag and tote them home to clean up in the dishwasher.
Some competitions have a communal sink set up so that you don't have to do them in your set up.

Chris,
Who made that setup?

Thanks

Apollo Carts (http://www.apollocarts.com/) made it. The build quality is great. It was a custom build and it does exactly what we (i.e. my wife) wanted it to. (Runs off a hose or a built in pump with a battery, propane fired hot water heater)

We had it at Pork in the Park. [Congrats on your calls, btw]

The only thing I didn't like about Apollo was the build time. It was triple their estimate. I got a discount for pre-payment, but if I had to do it over again I would have gone the deposit/pay-on-completion route.

Apollo Carts (http://www.apollocarts.com/) made it. The build quality is great. It was a custom build and it does exactly what we (i.e. my wife) wanted it to. (Runs off a hose or a built in pump with a battery, propane fired hot water heater)

We had it at Pork in the Park. [Congrats on your calls, btw]

The only thing I didn't like about Apollo was the build time. It was triple their estimate. I got a discount for pre-payment, but if I had to do it over again I would have gone the deposit/pay-on-completion route.

Thanks for the info and congrats. Im starting to do the research for a multipurpose type trailer and having a portable three station sink with handwashing station is definately being considered. Thanks!

Back