Jalapeno and/or habenero jelly on Q ???

Mark

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I would appreciate hearing more about how to best use this stuff in Q since I have a case or so of it.

Thanks in advance

Mark (STL)

It's useless for Q. We learned that this weekend when TK spilled a bunch on ribs and they were terrible. But you'd hate to waste those jars, I'd be happy to pick them up for you, empty the contents and take them to a recycling center! :roll:

Seriously, do your ribs how you like, then with about 30 minutes left pull em off and baste them. That jelly will give it the perfect sweetness and kick. I would think you could glaze a butt with it if you'd like and then pull it, effectively mixing it in. But sauce would ruin that.

Neil: Step away from the Habanero Jelly -- fool! That's what gave you the shi---ah I mean gas :D on Sunday morning. You are right though, I'd like a few of the jars -- for old times sake.

Yeah, coat to glaze the ribs just before you pull 'em. I think we coated them and then foiled and coolered the ribs -- seems we actually let them sit for an hour (hah!) before attaching the first slab. They would have been great anyway the the hab-jelly was just that perfect finishing touch.

David
"Chad"

Should I thin it out with Schaefer?

Mark (STL)

Only if it is warm and you have to shotgun a can first, a warm can. Noooooo

Plan-old Brian

Can we please refrain from mentioning shotgunning warm Shaeffer...

I just nearly puked in my water. That's right I said WATER. Geez I gotta clean my kidneys out ...

nthole said:
It's useless for Q. We learned that this weekend when TK spilled a bunch on ribs and they were terrible. But you'd hate to waste those jars, I'd be happy to pick them up for you, empty the contents and take them to a recycling center! :roll:

And I remain... pitbitch 8)

Back