Boomer Bacon Bombs; The next evolution. (Pron)

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
When Boomer Bacon Bombs were first unveiled, over here, there were many comments and suggestions that came up like; "what if you did this...", "what if you added...", "Oh, you should try...", etc., etc.. After looking through all of these, it became only logical that I should give some of them a try. So, that is what I did.
First I picked up some more mushrooms, got out some bacon (Yes, I used the Tobasco Brown Sugar bacon this time.) and a couple of other goodies.
031.jpg

The mushrooms were then stemmed and washed. At this point I took 4 of them and bathed them in some Basalmic Vinegar and let them sit for awhile.
035.jpg

For the rest, I cut the regular bacon down to 2/3rds it's original size and brought out the cheese curds!
036.jpg

Some were stuffed with white curds.
037.jpg

Others with Yellow...
038.jpg

Half of each of these were then wrapped with regular bacon and the other half were wrapped with the Tobasco Brown Sugar bacon. The Basalmic Bathed mushrooms were also given a curd and wrapped.
039.jpg

041.jpg

Then on to the OTG set for Stun with some Peach wood.
043.jpg

042.jpg

While these lovelies were smoking away, I whipped up some batter. After last time I knew that I wanted to try using a thinner batter than before so I made up some cheese curd batter and thinned it out with some added milk.
086.jpg

After about 45 minutes, the bacon had crisped up nicely. I had noticed there was a bit of cheese melting over flow but, not to the point where it looked like it was completely lost.
077.jpg

076.jpg

Then came the frying set up.
087.jpg

Here are the little darlings all fried up!
091.jpg

089.jpg

092.jpg

I liked how could actually see the ridges of the bacon wrapped around the mushrooms even though they had been battered. "But! What about the taste?!", you ask. Pure awesome!
097.jpg

Overall, I definitely like the creaminess that the cheese brought to the party with these. I found the white ones were more Italian tasting and that the yellow ones were more "cheesy" tasting. The peppery taste that the tobasco flavored bacon brought was a nice compliment in fact, I think if I had to make these without that bacon I might hit the mushrooms with a pepper rub. The only one that got kind of lost in the shuffle was the Basalmic ones. The flavor wasn't really pronounced you could taste it but, if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't have most likely noticed it. This might be due to the mushrooms not having soaked long enough or possibly needing to be brushed during cooking instead. In the end, the only thing I regret was that I did not brush some of these with BBQ Sauce while they were cooking because I think the sweetness would have been a nice compliment.
Thanks for looking.

They look darned tasty. That Tabasco bacon looks like really outstanding bacon.

I don't know how I missed the original, but I am so glad I saw this. Can you come down and cook some here???? Or deliver???

They look darned tasty. That Tabasco bacon looks like really outstanding bacon.
It is great bacon! Very meaty. It cooks up fast though because of it being so lean. If you are looking to flavor with it, it won't give up much, it's like it wants to hog it all for itself but, it is some tasty stuff! Thanks Bacon of the month!

those look really tasty...i must try them

BUT... i'm *REALLY* impressed how you got that oil and batter to stay in the bowl & pan at such an angle :becky:

Great job! Looks awesome - I love deep fried breaded mushrooms but those would be even better.... Almost like a mushroom ABT...

Looks great Tom!
I liked the original, I'm really diggin the addition of the cheese curds - I'll have to try it with some curds with red pepper flakes...

Sooo... what's your plan for zucchini?? Love some fried zook's...

BTW- is that Tabasco bacon a dry cured bacon? looks like it from the texture...

Does it taste like they just used regular old tabasco or is it spicy/flavored in a different way?

Those look great! I've never heard of Tabasco/Brown sugar bacon, tho. where does it come from? I'm guessing you can't beat that trifecta of flavors!

Back