Boomer Bacon Bombs! (Pr0n)

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
It's been awhile since I made a new deep fried creation. With pub grub on my mind, I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite things to get at the bar, stuffed mushrooms! So, why not take these delicious things and put a que twist on them. With that being said, I give you:

Boomer Bacon Bombs!

Simple in design, it started with bacon and mushrooms. My assistant decided that there would be no need for the bacon on the right and she was refusing to work with it. :rolleyes:
009.jpg

Next, the mushrooms were wrapped with half a slice of bacon and skewered with a toothpick. From that it was onto the OTG that was set for stun! (offset smoking.)
011.jpg

They cooked until the bacon was nice and crispy, the crispy part is important for optimal flavor.
013.jpg

018.jpg

Now for the main event! The deep frying! First I whipped up some batter.
016.jpg

Then the proper station set up. Now, I thought initially that a flour dredge would be required before the battering but, after the first couple I found you could go just straight to the batter and it would stick.
017.jpg

The one nice thing about these is that if you leave the toothpick on during the battering process, you can slide them off with a fork right into the oil and limit the mess.
019.jpg

Here are these little jewels all fried up!
021.jpg

The first bite was superb!
024.jpg

028.jpg

The smoky meatiness of the mushroom, with the saltiness of the bacon, and sweetness of the batter are a great combo! But, with a bit of ranch dressing or some Butzed-up Sour Cream, these things send the taste buds singing!
Thanks for looking!

Very interesting!:thumb::cool: So how was the texture of the mushrooms?

They had the classic mushroom squishy snap to them. Like they get when they are saute'ed. That was one of the main reasons that I left the stem on as well. Didn't want them turning into complete mush globuals. :becky:

Looks great. How do you think they would be stuffed with sausage or crab then breaded and fried?

Hooooolllllly Cow!, those mushrooms look awesome. Finally done for the day here and having a COLD-ONE, wish I had that to go with the brew!!

awesome job!!!

My last comment brings me to the next question and I may start a thread for it. Good Breading recipes!!!

Those shrooms look pretty darn good.
Personally I like my mushrooms breaded instead of batter dipped but I think this would still taste great!

Anything stuffed with sausage that is wrapped in bacon, smoked, then batter dipped and fried has to be one of the greatest thing EVER I would imagine.

Last edited:
This is the one I used. It's usually the one I use for fish but figured it was worth a shot.

Tom's magic pub batter:

2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour

1/4 Cup Corn Starch

2 eggs

1/2 Can of Light Beer

2 Tbs Cooking Oil (I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

1 Tbs Sugar

1 Tbs Kosher Salt

1 Tbs Rub/Seasoning blend (You can substitute 1/2 Tbs Seasoning Salt & 1/2 Tbs Black Pepper)

Milk You will need atleast 1 & 1/2 cups but need more to create desired consistency.

OK Tom, I LOVE deep fried mushrooms in the first place and we have them pretty regularly but your twist just adds a whole new dimension. We are MOST definitely doing this! Muchisimo gracias mi amigo!:thumb::thumb:

I already am thinking about the next evolution of these. It involves taking the stem off the shroom, putting a cheese curd inside of it, wrapping it in bacon, then smoking and deep frying. I also really want to try dousing the mushrooms in basalmic vinegar to start with.

I already am thinking about the next evolution of these. It involves taking the stem off the shroom, putting a cheese curd inside of it, wrapping it in bacon, then smoking and deep frying. I also really want to try dousing the mushrooms in basalmic vinegar to start with.

The balsamic will be a very good match. We marinate the big buttons in that with a little olive oil when we grill them. Oh so good. Now, adding bacon, cheese curds and frying after smoking...:faint:

Back