Easiest Comp meat to cook

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
I though this would be an interesting question.

Out of the 4 competitions meats you cook (Chicken,Ribs,Pork and Brisket)
Which one is the easiest for you to cook and score well on on a consistant basis?

Mine would be:

1) Ribs
2) Chicken
3) Brisket
4) Pork

I would say mine is the same order as yours, but the brisket is just about to pass my chicken..........I guess I will find out for sure at the end of the month.

Loaded question. Last year I would have said it was

1. Chicken
2. Pork
3. Ribs
4. Brisket

That was based onb walks. This year with a new cooker, order may change a bit. Find out Saturday around 4 what this year will hold ;)

I think it all depends on what sort of mood the judges taste buds are in at the time :twisted:...but for the most part (in my limited experience) mine go something like this...

1. Ribs
2. Pork Butt
3. Brisket
4. Chicken (bite thru skin is a bitch):mad:

My vote is
1) Pork (as in butts)
2) Ribs
3) Brisket
4) Chicken

I hate doing chicken. :eek:

For us it has been

Ribs
Brisket
Pork
Chicken

We have gotten calls on the top three but haven't had one for chicken yet but I am hoping that will change since I stopped Farking with the recipe and started using Yardbird rub.

Ribs, Brisket, Chicken, Pork - until some tutelage by Todd. Now I'd say pork is up there above chicken.

Someday I might be able to be consistant.
1) Brisket
2) Chicken
3) Pork
4) Ribs ( this is where that consistant thing come in)

For us it is probalby (Brisket and Pork are very close and Ribs and Chicken are very bad and also very close. I see everyone talking about candy. Is everyone turning in sweet ribs and chicken?

1) Brisket
2) Pork
3) Chicken
4) Ribs

Brisket
Ribs
Chicken
Pork (only from my score not the taste and public opinion.

My vote is
1) Pork (as in butts)
2) Ribs
3) Brisket
4) Chicken

I hate doing chicken. :eek:

That's how I would rate them. My best has actually been chicken on a consistant basis and I worry about it the most. Cookin the butts is not a big problem, the added flavor by keeping it moist can been a challenge. Brisket is really fun if you can figure out the tenderness point by not looking at temp alone. (Done when it's done). Not me, but some of the folk here really know how to add the flavor after pulling. Wish I knew there secrets...hint, beg, please, appreciate any help.

For us it is probalby (Brisket and Pork are very close and Ribs and Chicken are very bad and also very close. I see everyone talking about candy. Is everyone turning in sweet ribs and chicken?

I don't know about everywhere, but is seams around this area it has to be sweet. I'm waiting for some of the judges to go into a sugar coma one of these days.:eek:

Back