Flies in the kitchen

Cliff H.

is Blowin Smoke!
I stopped in on a friend of mine that has a food truck. He has a nice set up. Smoker outside and serving out of a vending truck.

He let me come and have a look around. I noticed flies buzzing around and was wondering what you vendors did to keep them at a minimum inside the prep area.

I know there is no keeping them out completely. You gotta open the serving window and the door at times.

Any advise that I can pass along to a friend of mine trying to make a go of it ?

It is impossible to keep them out if you are vending and opening windows to serve people. I keep a swatter and when I catch a break smack'em.

Most health departments do not allow the use of electronic 'zappers' to kill flies within an area being used to prep, cook or serve food, but there are UV lures that are very common in restaurant kitchens and seating areas. Their biggest problem is they work best when there is no outside light interference to detract from the UV lure.
Here is a link to one site that can provide a lot of different products. http://store.doyourownpestcontrol.c...rol-products?gclid=CNfk5dGfzLACFQUEnQodEBbhYA
Also on their site look for a product named BONANZA. It is a fly bait that cannot be used inside the trailer, but can be sprinkled outside to combat the flies and/or in bait stations. I have even put it in solution and "painted" my trash cans with it.
Hope this helps a little.

Back