A Very Merry Christmas (pr0n)

Grafixgibbs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So the Friday before Christmas I get home and my wife literally drags me in the back yard saying I have to show you something. I'm thinking either she got me a new small smoker or some animal has gone nuts back there and I have to redo the yard. When I got back there I found this:

IMG_0227.JPG
:thumb:

It was actually a gift from some friends who I cooked with for competitions. He is not planning to do more comps and gave me the cooker as a thank you for all the time I spent with him cooking and working at comps.

Earlier in the month she gave me the ok to order a TW8060 TWO-CHANNEL THERMOCOUPLE WITH ALARM. So what's a guy to do but use both on Christmas day to smoke the best turkey to date (according to my family).

IMG_0244.JPG
The cooker was still warming up. Not that I needed this with the cooker but I wanted to make sure my gauges were accurate.

Here is the final turkey:
IMG_0247.JPG

We had family in town so I decided to really test the cooker and make MOINL balls, butts and ribs. All came out great.
IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

I was even able to go out to lunch with the family while the butts were cooking. CRAZY!:shock:

What a cool day for you! Congrats.

PS...Food looks phantastic!

Back