Getting Weber Kettle ready for smoking

Nice work! Where in Florida are you vacationing? If you're anywhere in east central Florida then let me know and a brother could help out with the equipment.

Russ

Pork looks great, pulled at 9:30, with kettle temp running solid at 250*. never reloaded charcoal and still had at least a few hours worth of fuel. IT was 200* and both picnics were probing like butta. Hit them with one last coating of AJ and a little more Everglades Cactus Dust.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: pic quality due to phone pics. Also, no thank button on Tapatalk, so ONE big thanks to all :)

I gotta say I'm amazed at the quality of Weber Kettles, now I understand the rabid following of the Weber Heads lol. Thanks for looking.

Great lookin picnics!!!

Awesome job adapting to what you had to work with! Personally, I think it's awesome that you got that long of a burn out of one load of charcoal!:thumb:

Looks like we'll soon have another Weber head scouring the CL internets looking for bargain kettles!

I'm a new(er) convert to kettles (almost a year since I got my 1st, now I have 3 :icon_blush:)

I have been nothing short of amazed at how well they handle ANYTHING I try on them... hot & fast, low & slow, 2 zone fire, offset fire, full fire, water pan, drip pan w/ no water, sub 100* smoke, YOU NAME IT, it will do it!

Makes me tear up when I think about how versatile them simple little enamel coated orbs are... *sniff*

And a great lookin cook too bro! Nicely done!:thumb:

RK, sorry for late reply, I'm in Sarasota county staying in Siesta Key Village a block from Siesta Key. Tried Blu Smoke Island Grill yesterday, really good brisket:

Last edited:
Your overnight cook looks great!
Regarding the Everglades rub... Yeah, I've used it before. Good stuff, but be careful, it's loaded with MSG. That stuff has a strange effect on me.

Chollaway, there must have been complaints, my batch of rub says no MSG although I've always been ok with it.

Disclaimer: pic quality due to phone pics. Also, no thank button on Tapatalk, so ONE big thanks to all :)

I gotta say I'm amazed at the quality of Weber Kettles, now I understand the rabid following of the Weber Heads lol. Thanks for looking.

You are most welcome ~ glad to help.
Does this mean you'll trade your MC for my Weber kettles? :becky:

Posey, most certainly not! I love my MC but simplicity (the Weber Kettle) is beautiful. Final pics: Yes, I got a little crazy with the slaw lol, Sweet Baby Ray's original topped it off.

Last edited:
Back