new barrel

No lining has a red inside, this will be my 2nd one.. The first one was sloppy without a lid.. I was just using a board on the top. I'm looking to do this one right, I have a step bit this time..

Bro, if I understand your post, if the inside is red, then that is the lining we all refer to. That HAS to be burned off. Keep posting with the build.

Bro, if I understand your post, if the inside is red, then that is the lining we all refer to. That HAS to be burned off. Keep posting with the build.
dark maroon? I thought the lining you guese were talking about was cremeish red looking color..

The color changes, if you arn't seeing raw metal then you need to give it a good burn. :)

if you look up in the top the of the barrel that's rust.. The rest in the red color, damn I thought I found a good barrel guess it's going to be more work than I had thought..

well it's burning easier than I thought, looks like allot of it's gone.. Or changed color?? Anyways do I have to burn it off the inside of the lid and if so what do you suggest? Just putting the lid in a fire?

Back