Vendors wanted

• Thread starter brockportbbqfest
  • Start date
B

brockportbbqfest

Looking for vendors for our event in Brockport, NY on July 31 and August 1st. Looking for a couple of more food vendors and merchandise vendors with items such as grills, smokers, spices, sauces, rubs, bbq tools, clothing. Willing to work out a deal with the merchandise vendors if you mention you saw this post.

www.brockportbbqfest.com for more info
email Rob at brockportbbqfest@gmail.com

I'll check my calendar and get back to you. I also have plenty of contacts for food vendors from my area....I'll check with Will Palmer of Will's Sauces, BBQ Stu's, The BBQ Store in niagara falls as well ..........how many teams are you hoping to have ?

If you'd like me to vend bbq I would need a 220 v 40 amp service. Do you think the festival might have access to that ? By the way, what happened to Merchant Street BBQ ? That seemed like a short lived venture...was just curious, I had planned on coming to check it out and I've heard it's closed.
Thanks Rob,
Shelly Hunt
Desperados Barbecue and Catering Company

That's a fairly hefty vending fee. How many people do you expect for the weekend? Do you also have concerts and a beer tent? All I see is a craft show and duck race and car show.

Vendor Fee Followup

Thanks for the inquiry about the fees. I appreciate when people ask questions as it gives us an opportunity to give some details as we seem them.

The event is part of our 14th annual Summer Arts Festival. The event typically draws somewhere in the neighborhood of 30,000 attendees. We have two stages of music, a wine/beer tasting both days, a car show on Saturday, a Farmers Market on Sunday. It was rated one of the top 8 festivals in the Greater Rochester Metro Area, which has literally a hundred different festivals each summer! The event used to get $750 a spot for food vendors (12 spots) plus have 19 eateries (local places which all said this was their best weekend of the year) within the festival limits. We cut the price by about 40% and will invite about 19 Food vendors TOTAL for both the BBQ and the Arts Event as we have moved festival sites due to construction. We will have no competition from the 19 local eateries as they are all blocks away from the site.

If you are speaking about the merchandise vendor price being high contact me at brockportbbqfest@gmail.com and we can see what we can work out.

Certainly no guarntee that anyone will make oodles of money, including us the charity that organizes the event. The one thing I can promise is that all proceeds after expenses go to charity. Not one of us is putting a nickel into our own pockets. We hope to see you in Brockport.

Vending Questions

We anticipate about 30 teams for our first year. The Roc City Rib Fest another local comp has over 50 teams for there KCBS competition. We will recruit hard there. Would love you to pass the word to other vendors, particularly merchandise vendors (sauces, rubs, tools, etc.)

Will have to check into the power. We will be running totally off generators this year.

Thanks for the inquiry and feel free to contact me at 585-472-5093 or at brockportbbqfest@gmail.com!

Still looking for vendors to sell merchandise at our event! www.brockportbbqfest.com The Brockport BBQ and Music Fest is held in conjunction with the Brockport Summer Arts Festival which draws about 30,000 visitors annually.

Back