Cooking Chamber Diameter For Lang 84?

Joe Bryant

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Sorry but dumb question. I'm sure it's on their site but I didn't see it. And didn't want to bother Ben with a phone call.

Do you know what the diameter of the cooking chamber is for the Lang 84 model?

I see the main grate is 30" x 66". And the upper grate is 48" x 27". Was thinking the chamber was 36" diameter but wasn't sure. That sound right?

Also, why is the upper grate not as wide as the main grate? I see why it wouldn't be as deep but didn't know why it wasn't as wide.

Much thanks.

J

Sorry but dumb question. I'm sure it's on their site but I didn't see it. And didn't want to bother Ben with a phone call.

Do you know what the diameter of the cooking chamber is for the Lang 84 model?

I see the main grate is 30" x 66". And the upper grate is 48" x 27". Was thinking the chamber was 36" diameter but wasn't sure. That sound right?

Also, why is the upper grate not as wide as the main grate? I see why it wouldn't be as deep but didn't know why it wasn't as wide.

Much thanks.

J
Based on my Lang 60, I know that the main grates go all the way across so I would say that 30" might be right... The reason the second grate is not as wide is because of the curve of the cooker. As you can see from the picture of mine, it has legs....
DSCF2225.jpg

Thanks Jeff. What I didn't understand is why both grates weren't 66" wide on the 84 model. The main grate is 66 x 30. I was thinking the upper grate would be 66 x 27. Is the door opening the factor maybe?

J

I think it's so you can remove it.... If it was to wide you could never get it out....

Back