Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Belton, MO April 30th and May 1st

T

Todd Ras

Any one else doing this one? We will be kicking off the Donkey Punch season here and was wondering who else is coming. I have sent in our registration forms and e-mailed the contest, but haven't heard anything back. Has anyone heard anything?

Buster Dog BBQ will be there. I have heard from Connie in regard to spot sizes and she was quick to respond. A buddy of mine just opened a restaurant in Belton called One Rib Short and he will be competing as well. Car Wash Mike from this forum.

Thanks Buster...I noticed Connie had a school e-mail address and they might be on spring break. I just wanted to see if anyone else had contacted her or had heard any news. Look forward to seeing you down there!

Any one else doing this one? We will be kicking off the Donkey Punch season here and was wondering who else is coming. I have sent in our registration forms and e-mailed the contest, but haven't heard anything back. Has anyone heard anything?

We will be there competing this year. It will be our second contest....don't forget your buckets for water!!:wink:

We will be there for the third year. Connie's email is through the Belton Community projects group or her home email. She should respond to you soon, she usually does. Not much of a website but here you go. www.belton.org/Community/BCPI/index.htm Look forward to meeting you guys.

Connie got right back to me with an app when I emailed her yesterday at the address listed on KCBS.

Ques Your Daddy will be cooking this one also. Looking foreward to meeting a few teams!

Water bucket was the top thing on our prep list meeting in Feb :)...for a good reason!! I called her, I guess my e-mail didn't make it or was in her spam folder.

"Next Year's Winner" will be there. It will be the first for the season. I hope I can remember how the smoker works. Where in Belton is this thing located? Whats the cooking area like? Anything else going on for the family?

"Next Year's Winner" will be there. It will be the first for the season. I hope I can remember how the smoker works. Where in Belton is this thing located? Whats the cooking area like? Anything else going on for the family?
It is held at Memorial park. It is 100% flat and paved. Playground, tennis courts, ball fields and a skate park. Its a pretty good place for a contest.

Talked to Connie yesterday and she said they have almost all the spots filled and she is only taking 40 max.!! Hope to see some of you there!

Looks like 1/3 of the field will be brethren by looking at the map I got in the mail! Not sure about the weather yet. They all agree on one thing, It will be 70 degrees but none of them agree on the rain part.

Looks like 1/3 of the field will be brethren by looking at the map I got in the mail! Not sure about the weather yet. They all agree on one thing, It will be 70 degrees but none of them agree on the rain part.
Based on that map, is the second page (w/o the tennis courts) the second parking lot? Is it all on pavement?

I don't know who ordered the wind but I hope they are wrong. I was planning on coming from Des Moines Thursday night but with 40mph+ gust I guess I will leave Friday now. Not wanting to tow a 30ft trailer in that wind.

I have seen everything from 60% of thunderstorms Friday to no rain either day. I'm going to go with Accuweather who has no rain either day....just sounds better!

Based on that map, is the second page (w/o the tennis courts) the second parking lot? Is it all on pavement?

I don't know who ordered the wind but I hope they are wrong. I was planning on coming from Des Moines Thursday night but with 40mph+ gust I guess I will leave Friday now. Not wanting to tow a 30ft trailer in that wind.
It is all on pavement, the two lots are separated by about 100' of grass with the awards gazebo between them. Good luck on your trip down. I might rather have a little rain than Wind!

Back