It's been a great day

ricksegers

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The weather has been absolutely perfect here on the island. I woke up with an itch to cook. I haven't in a while what with other obligations. Stopped by Wally World at 8 this morning and bought an 8 pound brisket, 7 pound pork shoulder and five pound roasting chicken. Rubbed the brisket with Montreal, the shoulder with some rub I had left over and somwe rotisserie chicken seasoning on the bird. Fired up the beast when it hit 300 I loaded it down. It stayed a perfect 225-275 all day with very little tending thanks to the basket. All three were perfect. Lots of leftover this week.
I trust all your days were just as great! :D

Rick

sounds like you had a great day Rick.

Wish I was q'ing like you.

Please post the results. How did everything turn out?

damn... I struggled to keep temps up today.. Windy as hell and in the 50's. But ti WS a great day.. your right Rick.!!

I bought me a new Toro snow blower.
Domingo the tree man dropped off a load of wood. A mess of apple, pear, cherry, chestnut and Mullberry.
The shower floor for the new bathroom actually came in EARLY!
Started closing the pool..BOOOOOOOOOOO.

Made 3 racks of blues hog and 3 racks of fat pats. Fat pats got some kick to it!!! Blues hog just plain old smells heavenly. i was cuttin the ribs and the kids came down asking what kind of candle we were burning.

Update on my Fri cook

The chicken moist and tender...the shoulder practically fell apart and brisket was fork tender with a nice flavor from the Montreal (made a great breakfast). And with the basket I only had to tend the fire three or four times....all in all a red letter day.

Rick... when you say Montreal, You mean Mcormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning?? I always wondered how it would be on brisket but never tried. Kids have a tendancy to claim its to spicy when i use it on thier steaks, but i am a little heavy handed with that stuf(cause I love it).. Guess that will be the next one.

Back