Smoke N Steam Oyster Bay Guardian Newspaper

Westexbbq

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Smoke N Steam Oyster Bay Guardian Newspaper Article Updated

This is a test to see if it works.
Had to scan the article in four parts to see if I can post it here.
Here is the first one.

Last edited:
Yep I have asked for modulated intervention and deletion.

Belay that modulation request, please.

We will try anew and see.

resent anew.
slide the email over, sometimes the optonline expands.

Thanks Sled,

So, go to front page first, then .3, then .2 and .4 or any other order you prefer......:-D

with a little help from my friends....:wink:

I gotta say I was a little disappointed about my little blurb. I gave the guy an extensive interview and he was fascinated by my 13th place chicken story and asked a ton of questions and then doesn't even mention it????The guy even came back during turn ins to ask me more questions and I was very courteous and even answered while running around. Pfft

Reckon there was lots left, text and pics on the cutting room floor........
The New York media and paparazzi can be very, very cruel sometimes.
The column inch is precious these days.:rolleyes:

I gotta say I was a little disappointed about my little blurb. I gave the guy an extensive interview and he was fascinated by my 13th place chicken story and asked a ton of questions and then doesn't even mention it????The guy even came back during turn ins to ask me more questions and I was very courteous and even answered while running around. Pfft

Yep, it's annoying and that's what I deal with all day, every day at my "place of employment".

On the bright side, this is a local reporter who did a lot of work to highlight most, if not all, of the teams that came out and really showed the community what this contest could be with better crowd support next year. Getting more people excited and involved in local contests is always good.

Dont mind me I just like to complain. It truly is an honor. I wish we could get more coverage like that at other events.

Back