Pitmaker.com

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
A Canadian PNWBA member just bought one of these pits. I had never heard of them, but snooping around the site, I am in awe! There are some beautiful and innovative ideas here.

http://www.pitmaker.com/

Pretty nice pits, I didn't know about them before. I was intrigued that the video of the HLSR team was flipping the brisket how the two racks closest to the bottom had obvious burn areas from hot spots. That would be a major concern of mine, of course they stated they were running the pit at 290, so that was a little high for what I would be doing for brisket. I love the grill meister, it was really nice.

I was looking at these a few months ago but couldn't find much out there on them. I do not know if this is true or not but I understand the company was recently started by someone that worked for Pitts and Spits. I was interested in their vault model but I couldnt find a single person on any forum that owned one yet. IMO they look like a quality smoker...

Maybe a Houston brethern could go by and check em out. I go see my sis on the west side, but only on weekends or i would stop. Never mind i see they are open on Sat.

Nice lookin' pits...I'd like to see a drip/water pan above the fire box though...:cool: Looks like the air intake is above the fire box too...I wonder why?

I've seen these up close and personal. I was at a cookoff where the GC and RC were cooking on Pitmakers. They are really well built with a unique design for the airflow. Most of the guys were only going through about 8lbs of charcoal for the entire cookoff with them. You can get them on a trailer and off. The trailers are really nice and have lots of storage and room for customization. The off trailer price is pretty good, I almost pulled the trigger on one but came across a used large Spicewine that I couldn't pass up.

Back