Commercial Salt Free Rubs

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I currently use Dizzy Dust Salt Free rub and Todd's Dirt as a means of adding flavor without losing control of the sodium, or for when I am using other ingredients that might also have salt.

It would be my desire to see more rubs and sauces with lower salt contents. Anyone else with me on this?

( and yes, I am hoping Steph and Todd see this and starts selling salt-free rubs:-D)

How is his chili seasoning, have you tried it?

How is his chili seasoning, have you tried it?

Oh yes! It is excellent. He sent me two samples with my last order. I tried it last week and it turned out great. I'm always on the look out for rubs that have lower salt content too.

I've never been a fan of salt or things with high sodium content so I'm definitely with you on this....good info on some of these rubs too. thanks.

The Sweet and Spicy Steph. I use it for just about everything that we would call normal BBQ, but, if I could get it without salt, I could use it for more of the Asian stuff where I am using fish sauce or soy sauce without getting too salty. I know it is a specialty thing, but, I need to watch my sodium at least a little and I am overpowered by most spice and sauce blends. I am sure there is a growing market for us old guys who are getting to where our blood pressure is an issue. By cutting back on sodium, my taste buds have become more sensitive overall.

I have had a hard time finding low sodium to no sodium rubs in my area. I have taken to making my own rubs. I like it. I keep track of the proportions and I have a few different versions for different things. For grilled veggies I like to use clubhouse Greek seasoning.

Yes, and I can make my own rubs and have a few that I like. But, there are some things I do not have the ability to make. I happen to like Steph's rubs and the texture is excellent as well. I will not stop buying what he makes just because of the salt, but, an option to have it without salt would be desirable. I recognize the balance may be a little off, but, I will deal with that.

The Sweet and Spicy Steph. I use it for just about everything that we would call normal BBQ, but, if I could get it without salt, I could use it for more of the Asian stuff where I am using fish sauce or soy sauce without getting too salty. I know it is a specialty thing, but, I need to watch my sodium at least a little and I am overpowered by most spice and sauce blends. I am sure there is a growing market for us old guys who are getting to where our blood pressure is an issue. By cutting back on sodium, my taste buds have become more sensitive overall.

Let me see if I can throw something together for you after this weekend. Big wedding Saturday, I need to focus on! :thumb:

Put me down for salt free or at least low salt rubs.

I like Cavender's Greek Seasoning on a lot of things, last time I picked some up I saw they now have a low sodium style. It's in a light blue shaker. It's as good as the original.

Me too for low salt rubs.... I've been making my own because I've wanted to < my salt intake..... but would try some that were low in sodium

I know about yours Ryan. I thought Todds Dirt was no sodium already, no sodium is great. Thanks Todd. I have both of you guys on my shelf already, right alongside Simply Marvelous.

Back