Holding prime rib

blackdogbbq21

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience holding prime rib in an alto shaam or other warming cabinet? Planning to do this and wondering about holding temp, time to keep the meat from carrying over past medium rare.

thanks

Anyone have any experience holding prime rib in an alto shaam or other warming cabinet? Planning to do this and wondering about holding temp, time to keep the meat from carrying over past medium rare.

thanks

I've used my turkey roaster to hold prime rib. I'll cover it with plastic or foil and put the heat under 120. I've only held them for an hour or two just to finish early and make timing easy. I've also used the roaster to cook them in the past before a quick sesr in the kettle

I ended up only needing to hold it for about an hour and a half. Pulled the roast off at 115 in the center and rested on the counter about 20 minutes before i popped it into the warmer set at 125. I checked the IT about 20 minutes before serving and it had come up to about 131 so i shut the warmer off and left the roast in. It was just about perfect med rare when i sliced it. Just wanted to share the results in case it helps someone else down the road.

Back