Another reason for charcoal vs propane!

boberosabbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
While patroling the mean streets of Ligonier I was dispatched to a grass fire in one of our subdivisions, upon arriving at the scene I am met with a frantic home owner and I fairly new propane grill fully engulfed in flames in the guys backyard. He said he lit the grill and left to go get the meat for dinner. When he came back the grill was "engulfed in 7 foot high flames" thats what he said. He pushed the grill off his deck with a shovel and it caught his yard on fire about a 15 foot circle around the grill. I called the fire department they put it out but the grill just wouldn't got out finally the propane ran out it it was under control. Just thought I'd share :-D

My newest neighbor, who has already had one kitchen fire since moving in, now cooks a lot on his new gasser. There is NO problem in his lawn burning up though, he prefers to cook in the garage. If it is a really nice evening he may roll it out on the driveway about 3 feet.

Thats funny Boberosabbq........Never knew Ligonier to have mean streets though..........lol

After I finally figured out what real cooking was about I gave up the gas, I even make comments about these BBQ cookers like Big Ed's in my area that use gassers and the lil lady laughs at me. She never figured that I'd get in to cooking with coals the way I did

I think the problem with Propane Grille fires is due to plugged lines ( i.e. Spider webs) Most of the grille fires Ive seen were from grilles that had set for a while. People just light them and dont pay attention to the flame until its too late.

LOL....The mean streets of Ligonier?? I bet this was on the front page of the paper... "Billy caught his farkin yard on fire"

Grew up in Columbia City myself....man that was a long long time ago. Miss that neck of the woods.

Yeah I used to work over in Ligonier many years ago, and still go through there from time to time being between Lagrange and Angola. I always thought of Ligonier a quiet little town. Actually too many buggies for my liking.....lol

Nice to see a few from this part of the state here as members tho......always nice to know that fellow members are nearby

My brother always cooks on gas and doesn't like to use wood chips/pellets for flavor. I would rather cook and bring food over to him than to eat the meat off his grill.

My newest neighbor, who has already had one kitchen fire since moving in, now cooks a lot on his new gasser. There is NO problem in his lawn burning up though, he prefers to cook in the garage. If it is a really nice evening he may roll it out on the driveway about 3 feet.

LOL farker probably fries turkeys in the garage too. Probably frozen turkeys!!:shock: :shock: :shock:

Back