Gift help

agoldswo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was given a 75 dollar gift card for amazon for xmas to buy kitchen gear. I have thermo's, cast iron, and an Old Hickory knife. I wouldn't mind expanding my knife selection a little bit, so what would you guys suggest? I could use a boning knife, but i'm open to suggestions.

Get a nice kitchen scissor/shears. I struggled with inferior shears for a long time without realizing what I was missing. Spatch chickens or turkeys are a breeze now.

I've used the Dexter Russell boning knife the past few years. One of my most used knives in the kitchen. The best part......usually under $15 with free shipping. Cheap enough where to don't have to worry about any bone ruining the blade. I believe Franklin uses it in his kitchens.

I bought a couple this Christmas and gave them as gifts for my brother in laws.

I got the Mercer Renaissance Sudoku 7" - for $33 I am very pleased. And the 6" Dexter Russell Filet knife - not stiff - been using that knife forever.

I picked up a boning knife by a company called "ZElite" on Amazon and their style of boning knife is pretty solid. Damascus knife, hard edge, and the shape / curve of the blade is much more comfortable for trimming meat. I've used it on about 40 racks of ribs and maybe 10 briskets so far and it really is nice compared to my Dexter boning knives.

https://www.amazon.com/ZELITE-INFIN...547364427&sr=8-4&keywords=zelite+boning+knife

Came razor sharp out of the box and even after a couple of weeks of moderate usage the blade is still razor sharp. Very pleased with this knife and certainly something worth looking into since it's going to be a "gift to yourself."

I would look at Dalstrong if you're wanting a quality knife at a decent price. I have both the Gladiator and Phantom series knives and I think they are a great bang for the buck. Great quality and are razor sharp. I also considered Mercer knives, and they look like a great value.

Back