"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Have a week off from work and it ends with next week's Dutch forum spring bash. See you there Phu!!

Lotsa BBQ plans: turkey on Monday, STL ribs and beef short ribs. And whatever I can come up.

BUT, tomorrow we start by visiting a nearby beer-festival, +500 beers available. Dis gun be gud!!

Anasazi from near Dove Creek Co area
Bolita from near Costilla Co
Pintos everywhere

The mystique is the region imho

Cool history on Anasazi and Bolita beans.

Anasazi look identical to regular pinto when cooked. They lose the marbling color.
Imho Anasazi cook quicker, absorb flavor excellent but if you cook like a regular pinto they can get mushy. Watch your cook times first couple times.

I'm not sure which day but one day this weekend I'm doing a cook for a couple friends that came and helped me out by fixing busted water lines.... They said "pay for the parts.. and cook me BBQ as payment" Can't complain about that :D

On the menu is going to be a whole turkey, my grass fed angus beef brisket and other stuff that hasn't been determined yet

Happy Koningsdad, Phu! Wish I could be there to celebrate!

I'll be making about 20# oPh sausage tomorrow along with a couple slabs oPh bacon. Sunday will be shorties and probably chix.

Happy Phriday and weekend to Phu & crew and all y'all Pharkers!

Back