looking for a slicer?

Looks like the waring pro 150 I got at christmas. Works good, a pain to clean up. You can get them cheeper at Costco....$ 70.00 or so as i remember. The Waring 150 is 99.99 at BBB plus you can use the 20% off cupon.

The inlaws have one. Works well for small items that you want sliced thin, which is about all they use it for. Summer sausage, ham, cheese, etc...

I would save my money and check eBay in your area for a Hobart. I have found that these smaller slicers don't have enough weight to hold themselves down when slicing making it hard to slice. I know you need a lot of counter space for a Hobart but you will be happier with the results. IMHO

I've been watching CL for a Hobart for a while now. The only ones I have seen under about $600 are in pretty bad shape. I am going to keep looking until I find one!!

Ebay has a better selection. Also check the business auctions in your area. When a restaurant closes and they auction off the contents there are deals to be had.

I have the Waring and can attest that it's a pain to clean. It has suction cup type pads under it and stays in place quite well. It sliced up 4 whle packers for my son's 2nd birthday and did a decent job for its size.

Hey Jorge
I have the one that is a little cheaper from Cabala's it's regularly 99.99. I got it for 49.99 during X-mas, ya it's a little bit of a pain to clean but it works pretty good. I use mine quiet often and very happy with it. The thing I like the best about it is it's small in size, it don't weight 1500 pounds, it fits in my cabinets and don't take up much room.

Back