Am I missing anything?

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
We are catering an 850 person event this weekend and they want a hogs head displayed as part of the buffet line (I had them cut their whole hog up into more useable pieces since there won't be enough to go around, I can mix in butts). Fast Eddy gave me the idea the other week to smoke a head, and arrange it on a platter with pulled pork around it ( I guess Biechelmeyer in KC does this?)

Anyway, I am planning to rub it with oil, put a block of wood in it's mouth and smoke it overnight. I will then put an apple in it's mouth and disply it on a bed of lettuce. Did I forget anything? Maybe set the head on a ring of pineapple rings on the lettuce?

I'm open to suggestions.

Here is one I found on the net.
hog_head_1.jpg

I think the sun glasses are a must. Yuck!!! We've never left the head on our hog, so we've never smoked one. Most I've seen have stains down the cheek from the eyes. Might want to figure out how to keep that presentable. Dunno.

Wonder if Poohbah can get a pig head in a cryovac?

I've seen it where the eyes are replaced with Cherries when the hog is served. When I did a small pig two weeks ago I took the eyes out before it went on the cooker.

My brother suggested I take the eyes out b4 cooking, and put grapes in after.

Farkin yankin out eyes and burning snouts and puttin on sunglasses?
speechless-smiley-040.gif

animal-smiley-037.gif
I'd be hangin out at the salad bar.
animal-smiley-037.gif

:)

I think you need Norco's smoke emitter and run some hoses to the snout. :-D

If you've never tried the cheek meat, don't speak so soon, it's farkin' awesome on a tortilla.

The more adventurous get a little of everything in there (I mean everything!!)

Farkin' tasty!

Tortilla nuthin. Here in Missouri we call that hog jowl, and it's either fried like bacon or cooked with greens.

Growin' up on a farm, we used everything but the squeal.

Back