smokin my first fatty

Nosmo King

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
so i woke up saturday morning and smoked a fatty, then i lit the barbecue:wink: i couldnt resist the play on words. anyway here are some pics

Attachments

• 2011-09-10 12.43.33.jpg
    2011-09-10 12.43.33.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 2011-09-10 09.17.57.jpg
    2011-09-10 09.17.57.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 81
Looks very good. How did it taste? What did you learn?

it was quite good, i used cherry wood. can you screw anything up with jalapenos and cream cheese? maybe lucky charms... i learned that i've really got to get a ton of smoke going, my ring wasnt that thick, it was only on for three hours so it didnt have time time absorb a lot of smoke, next time i'll be sure to be in danger of having the fire dept. over. i'll feed them when they get there.

You won't usually get the same definition on a smoke ring with a fatty that you would with something else. They do absorb smoke quite easily so be careful not to over smoke it.

You won't usually get the same definition on a smoke ring with a fatty that you would with something else. They do absorb smoke quite easily so be careful not to over smoke it.

thanks for the advice i'll take that into consideration. although my wife wouldn't mind having the fire dept. over, i imagine.

What kind of sausage did you use?

I like the Jalapeno creme cheese combo..kind of like a fatty/jala popper.

Oh yeh...did you use fresh jalapenos seeded? Or pickled?

Yesterday I smoked a fatty for two hours then foiled for two hours and it had a thick smoke ring. Not sure why you didn't I guess.

What kind of sausage did you use?

I like the Jalapeno creme cheese combo..kind of like a fatty/jala popper.

i used regular store brand bulk breakfast sausage, i figured i was going to add the flavor. i called it a fatty popper. i used fresh jalapenos, seeded, next time i'll cook it bit longer, the jalapenos werent as soft as i would have liked.

Back