Another NYE Brisky

bmanMA

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Some go to parties, some go to shows. I went to my kitchen and back yard.

More to come...

Attachments

• BBQ_Briskey_NYE_Before.jpg
    BBQ_Briskey_NYE_Before.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 155
  • BBQ_NYE_After.jpg
    BBQ_NYE_After.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 156

More to come...

Well ran out of fuel at about 7 this morning. That's 8 hours on the smoker, so I'm OK to finish this in the oven. I feel OK about it ;)
It was at 170 at the time, according to my new red Thermapen (thanks wifey).

Maverick ET-73 failed me (yes, again). Had the damned thing on my nightstand with alarms all set up for smoker temp drops. Well it lost its connection so it was just sitting there with dashes on its LCD looking all stupid. Luckily I woke up when the WSM was running at about 210. PHew!

Red Thermapens don't lie. At 170 I would be putting it in the foil anyway, and at that point, it makes no difference, smoker or oven. Don't forget to come back and post the pron!

Happy New Year!

More to come...

OK, came out pretty good considering I finished in the oven. I know, I know. But still, first time this happened. All good. Good CAB... very beefy. I kept it pretty simple, no injection, just a basic Plowboys Bovine with a few tweaks. Then a Blues Hog based sauce. And some wheat bread. Have to keep my new year's resolution after all.

Quick pick of me slicing and then the brisket sponge on a sponge. It aint pretty, but I was in a bit of a hurry :becky:

Attachments

• brikset_slice.jpg
    brikset_slice.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 117
  • brisket_sponge.jpg
    brisket_sponge.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 116
Looks good. I'm putting one on the smoker today with a new homemade rub.

Looks good...couldn't find a better plate to put that on than a spongebob one huh.

Back