Can I ask a favor... (Wildwood NJ Comp. 7/13-14)

Bentley

Babbling Farker
Met a guy and his wife when we were on our trip to France. They were from NJ. We talked about BBQ and Carl got all fired up and wanted to see a contest up close! I ask him how close he was to Asbury Park and he said about 30 mints. Figured 4th Annual Guitarbeque would be a perfect fit. Well got and email from him today asking when it was and who he sould see...I just went to the KCBS site and see that it is cancelled, bummer! I see the NJ State BBQ Championship is on the 13-14 of July. Now I have no idea where North Wildwood is but I am sure Carl does. He said he was only about 45 mints from NY city so I don't imagine it can be to much more drive?

I was hoping to be able to send Carl & Maria to a Brethern or two to get a little better feel for what a real competition is...any Brethern cooking this one? If so, would you mind if I sent a couple of senior citizens around to see you up close and personal? These folks would not want to cook or help, just thought it might make it a little more fun if they had someone to make contact with! Carl is the kind of guy that does not talk a whole lot, but his lovely wife Maria, might be able to bend your ear! I am going to tell them if they are there between 10am and 1:30pm they have to respect this is crunch time for teams and they will not be able to do to much conversing at that time! But as many of you know, that does not always work! Just throwing it out there, I am going to write Carl and tell him about this event in N Wildwood, not going to mention anything about this message, if anyone responds I will pass it along to him.

Thanks Brothers, they are a nice couple!

butthead bbq will be their and your freinds are more then welcome. we try to get their early so we can get a spot on the fence and tease the crowds with the smoke:cool:

Thanks John,

I posted this message before I knew where North Wildwood was, I have no idea whether they will want to drive that far but if they respond, I will definitly let you know!

Back