Hot & Fast Black Ops Brisket (pr0n heavy)

Roast Beast

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Had the day off Monday and decided to cook a brisket. A shade under 14 pounds as packaged, but I probably trimmed off four pounds of fat. Injected with a coffee/beef broth mixture. Rubbed with Oakridge Black Ops (great stuff). Pecan wood chunks and Royal Oak lump. WSM was in the 325-350 range the whole time. 2.5 hours in the smoke, about the same amount of time panned and foiled. Vented out then rested for another three hours. Turned out pretty well. Beef ribs were a pit snack and went unwrapped for three hours or so. Enjoy!

Great looking food, that last pic of the sliced brisket is awesome. How much did the coffee come through in the injection, and how did it work with the Black Ops??

Great looking food, that last pic of the sliced brisket is awesome. How much did the coffee come through in the injection, and how did it work with the Black Ops??

Thanks. The last two pictures were after dipping in the au jus from the pan. The coffee flavor was pretty subtle (I used one part coffee to two parts broth for the injection). It worked well with the Black Ops, which already has some coffee in it.

I have some black ops at home....and i'm chomping at the bit to us it...heard nothing but great things about it...:thumb:

Hope mine looks as awesome as yours...

Back