Weber Grill Refridgerator...

I´ve seen them in person and imho they suck
and are way overpriced.

DM

I guess they aren't being sold on this side of the ocean. What do they cost (US)? What did you feel was bad about them, DM?

Never mind.........I got my answer......
Hello,

Thank you for your email inquiry. In the past Weber had a cooler called
the Weber Chill which has been discontinued. We no longer have any
kind of cooling unit.

If you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to
contact us. If replying via email, please leave this message intact as
it will help us to respond faster. If you prefer, allow me to remind
you that we are open 7am to 11pm CST every day effective October 1st. If
you would rather call, the number is below.

Thank you for choosing Weber/Ducane. We are grateful for the
opportunity to serve you.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Sandy
Weber Customer Service
1890 N. Roselle Rd
Suite 308
Schaumburg IL, 60195

What do they cost (US)? What did you feel was bad about them, DM?

They´d cost about 400 € over here, wich is around 600-700 $ with current exchange.
The overall quaility and materials were kinds cheap and i didnt think it´s be powerful enough for a good outdoor use. Then there the electricity problem, too.

Now this is a cooler i´d like :

aac40c25-bb40-4c27-ad80-58c91755d460.jpg

a6a16b9b-8c20-44bc-9b68-71f265b8a194.jpg

Its passive, so you have to bring ice, but i like its design and portability.

DM

$600-$700.........Holy Carp!!

Did it come loaded with beer for that price?
I can see why they don't make them anymore.

I've seen that type of stainless cooler at Sam's. I may look into one of those.

Thanks guys.

Thanks Bob! I might have to add a "Redneck Chill" to the wildly popular "Redneck Firepit" line of reclaimed Weber's!

100_1714.jpg

Ey Brian, you think we could throw some ice and beers in that redneck fire pit and make it like an open face beer cooler?

Hmmmmmmmmm.......now I'm startin to see what I can do with my leftover bottom half kettle.....

Brian,
I think this fire pit idea solved the Weber Mod question I posted. This would be perfect.

Ey Brian, you think we could throw some ice and beers in that redneck fire pit and make it like an open face beer cooler?

Hmmmmmmmmm.......now I'm startin to see what I can do with my leftover bottom half kettle.....

I suppose if you plugged the vent holes somehow. I sold 3 of these on craigslist last summer!

I was responding to Bob's Weber Chill question. I have a few poly drums, I cut the bottom off one to use as a soak tub for cleaning my grills, and used the rest of the barrel as a windbreak when I first got my WSM, used it a couple times then kind of forgot about it,since I don't use the waterpan anymore.

Now this is a cooler i´d like :

aac40c25-bb40-4c27-ad80-58c91755d460.jpg

a6a16b9b-8c20-44bc-9b68-71f265b8a194.jpg

DM

I seen a guy bringing 3 of these back to Costco. Two were broken. He said when you load them up as advertised the wheels fold under and snap off. They did look nice though.

Also had these
801577L.jpg

That cooler does look cumbersome and really expensive. I agree that those other ones might be better. It's disappointing cause I've always relied on my Weber Barbecue Grills. Maybe they should just stick to what they're good at.

We have the party cooler from coleman and really like it - the stand is sturdy and it holds the ice for a long time. Last time we had a party we loaded it up with ice and beverages and there was still ice in it the next day. I also like the spigot on the bottom - makes emptying easy.

Attachments

• 6151-707_party-cooler.jpg
    6151-707_party-cooler.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 39
Back