Augusta, GA Sam's Contest Moving to Huntsville, AL?

nukenight

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Did everyone see the notice in the KCBS board agenda that they want to move the June 8-9 Sam’s Club contest in Augusta, GA to Huntsville, AL? I wonder what was going on?

I heard about this, but was asked to keep it under wraps until it was announced. Sam's Club/MMA decided to make the change and has been working with KCBS to get it approved by their standards. It's already updated on the Sam's Club page. Their reasons, I can only guess, but I bet it would be a good guess.

dmp

The Des Moines Sams Club contest was assigned without the management's knowledge. I showed the schedule to a couple members of management and the inventory and loss prevention manager groaned.
The weekend they assigned to Des Moines is the same weekend of their annual inventory. The inventory manager said he pulled a 30 hour single shift last year during the inventory and he couldn't believe that they wouldn't consult anyone locally before the assignments. I am just happy the contest is less than a mile from home.

I think it makes sense to move it since they already have the Marietta event, which they had last year as well. No reason to do two events so close to each other.

at least they are making the change prior to sign-up so folks chose with correct info

Right

It sounds about right for the local Clubs to get involved and mention things like inventories that are scheduled and so forth. It is good they did these things BEFORE the cookers pay their money to attend.

Back