Wow Up Your Cow - Angus Brisket with Fixin's (pron)

Mister Bob

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I picked up this 12 pound Angus packer from Restaurant Depot yesterday. Here's how it looked before trimming.

AngusBrisket1024001.jpg

This is what it looked like after trimming.

AngusBrisket1024002.jpg

I used Butcher's Brisket Injection with a tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce for some added zip.

AngusBrisket1024003.jpg

AngusBrisket1024004.jpg

Next it gets a coating of black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and Kosher Salt.

AngusBrisket1024006.jpg

Then it gets a second coating of The Slabs - Wow Up Your Cow Beef Rub. This stuff is really great. I rank it right up there with Plowboys Bovine Bold.

AngusBrisket1024007.jpg

AngusBrisket1024008.jpg

Wrapped and into the refrigerator for about 6 hours.

AngusBrisket1024009.jpg

Before it gets dark, I fire up the Stumps Baby. My fuel of choice this time is Kingsford Blue. The Labor Day sale at Home Depot last week was just too good to resist!

AngusBrisket1024010.jpg

At 11:30 pm the brisket goes in.

AngusBrisket1024012.jpg

The next morning the Baby is cruising along at 240 degrees, check out that thin blue smoke. I love the smell of brisket in the morning; you know that smell?

AngusBrisket1024013.jpg

She finally probed like buttah at just under 200 degrees IT.

AngusBrisket1024015.jpg

I separate the flat from the point with the back of my slicer.

AngusBrisket1024016.jpg

The flat gets wrapped and put into the Cambro, which I've preheated with a pan of boiling water.

AngusBrisket1024018.jpg

In a Dutch oven, I combine pork and beans, fire roasted diced tomatoes, diced onion, diced red and jalapeno peppers, brown sugar, prepared brown mustard and some Worcestershire Sauce.

AngusBrisket1024021.jpg

The point gets cubed, hit with some more rub and a little sauce, and goes back into the cooker along with the beans.

AngusBrisket1024022.jpg

Thirteen hours cook time for the brisket (no foil) and three hours resting in the Cambro double wrapped in foil and plastic wrap. It turned out moist and delicious!

AngusBrisket1024024.jpg

AngusBrisket1024025.jpg

I served it along with the burnt ends, my doctored pit beans, my favorite creamy coleslaw recipe and jalapeno cornbread. What a meal it was!

AngusBrisket1024026.jpg

I am stuffed with grilled chicken, and you have made me hungry. I love to WOW UP MY COW. You are right on with that rub.

A class act all the way around - great pix, great food, great setting - you are most definitely doing it right! :thumb:

Holy cow! I just ate a bunch of brisket and now I need some of that! Thanks for the pics.

Back