Quarantine Chicken Fried Rice

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I’m really getting into wok cooking. Here a cook I did last Sunday for Dinner.

Here are most the ingredients.

Ingredient List:
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tsp Siracha
1 Tbsp butter
2 eggs, beaten, seasoned with salt
2 Tbsp cooking oil (I used Sesame)
2 cloves garlic, chopped (approximately 1 1/2 tsp)
1 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
1/2 cup small diced onion (approximately 1/2 of medium size onion)
1 boneless skinless chicken thighs (approximately 4 to 5 oz) (I used Chicken Breast)
1/4 cup carrot, small diced
2 cups cold jasmine rice, or brown jasmine rice, recommended a day old (I used Cauliflower Rice)
1/4 cup frozen peas, optional (I added Celery)
4 green onions, chopped
sesame seeds for garnish
salt and pepper

I heated up the wok and put in 1 tbsp. of sesame oil. I them put in the ginger, garlic and onion and let them start to soften.

Next was the carrots. (Cooked for approximately 1 minute)

Next was the chicken. (Cooked until it was opaque)

Next was the celery including some leaves. (Cooked for approximately 1 minute)

Now I added the rice and the sauce. (Mixed it together and cooked for approximately 1 minute)

Next, I moved the mixture aside and added another tbsp. of sesame oil

and added the beaten eggs. (Cooked until it had mostly formed solid. Approximately 1 minute)

I them mix everything together. (Cooked for approximately 1 minute)

And finally, I added the green onion.

I cooked it for approximately 30 seconds and served.

Sorry no plated shot but this was delicious!

Thanks for looking.

Looks delish!
How do you find using a wok differs from using a regular flat pan?

Just ordered a wok a week or so ago. Can't wait for it to come in. Great looking meal right there!

great job! I tried my hand at chicken fried rice on the wok on the grill last week and not so bueno as yours. I'll be trying again. thanks for posting the details of the cook

Excellent job, looks better than takeout!
Thanks Dom. Not sure I could get takeout even if I wanted it.
Looks delish!
How do you find using a wok differs from using a regular flat pan?
Thanks shares. The main difference to me is that it's carbon steel, so it get real hot fast. The next thing is the high sides and rounded shape that allows easy flipping / stirring of ingredients even without a spatula.
Dang! Your plated shots are always money, but with a dish like that waiting, I completely understand. Awesome cook!
Thanks Ron. Yes I probably should've gotten a plated shot but it looked a lot like it did in the wok so I didn't.

Just ordered a wok a week or so ago. Can't wait for it to come in. Great looking meal right there!
Thanks ruger. You'll love cooking with it. Make sure to season it properly if it's not already seasoned.
great job! I tried my hand at chicken fried rice on the wok on the grill last week and not so bueno as yours. I'll be trying again. thanks for posting the details of the cook
Thanks KC. Definitely give this another try.
Good.
I make this often, easy and very tasty.
Ed
Thanks Ed. It was so tasty that it will go into my regular rotation also.

Nicely done :thumb: I bought a big wok and never used it, probably because I need a burner. Now I want fried rice from a wok.

Back