Discussion Thread -> "Thanksgiving" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

I was conned into entering this, but here is my entry!

iwWCBMf.jpg

Full spread thread link here. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2714438&posted=1#post2714438

Look up "bite through" in the dictionary, and there that pic is...

Here we go, both feet into the throwdown fire!

All ingredients assembled for brine (minus the kosher salt, apple juice and sugar):
picture.php

Into the pool with about a quart of H20 to dissolve the 1 C kosher salt and 3/4 C sugar and steep the chilies. Once that's done, added 2 cans frozen AJ concentrate and topped off the water to 10 QTS., just fit in a 12 QT container with the 21 LB turkey! Brined in the fridge for 48 hrs.

picture.php

The Pre-Op bird shot:

picture.php

The Post-Op shot:

picture.php

Corn bread for oyster dressing:

picture.php

We made a (mostly) root veggie gratin with golden beets, butternut squash, parsnips and rutabaga:

picture.php

Oysters ready for smoking:

picture.php

Smoked oyster dressing, polish sausage with kraut and the finished gratin:

picture.php

picture.php

The finished bird:

picture.php

My plate (and TD entry shot) - not enough room for the sausage or the garlic mashed potatoes & gravy!

picture.php

Thanks for lookin' and good luck fellow TD farkers!

I'm lost at the Polish sausage and kraut.............:shock:

^^And I can't get past your avatar! :shock: It's a traditional part of my wife's family's Polish TG!! The sausage and kraut, not your avatar!!

Please accept this as my official entry.

Eggs Benedict made from the Thanksgiving Ham I cured and smoked.

Close-up ham shot!

And my Polling pick if you please!

Thanks for looking, now I've got to tend to the split pea and ham soup currently on the cooker!

Jed

Oopps. I missed the deadline by 39 minutes. Fark! I thought it was 7. I will take my Dilly Bar and sit in the corner. :oops:

Shhhhhhhh...things have happened before and the poll hasn't gone up yet. Besides, I LOVE deviled eggs...

Oopps. I missed the deadline by 39 minutes. Fark! I thought it was 7. I will take my Dilly Bar and sit in the corner. :oops:

Shhhhhhhh...things have happened before and the poll hasn't gone up yet. Besides, I LOVE deviled eggs...

Sorry, Chris... This one is a wrap. And I love deviled eggs, too.

Poll later this morning.

Yah, I can't wait for the poll to go up so I can see all these in one big pronfest post.

Yes, yes, yes..........some mighty fine looking feasts here!!!!

KC

Back