practice comp ,with pics

douglaslizard

Full Fledged Farker
starting tonight i wanted to put up the canopy and tables and all but oh well.smoker is fired up
101_0279.jpg

brisket and butts are on
101_0282.jpg

101_0281.jpg

chix and ribs will go on in the morning.

I am going to start that process soon my first comp will be in May and I want to make sure I have all ducks in a row and not forget the little things.

If I leave right now can I make it in time for the chickie turn-in at noon?

How's it going? By now the ribs should be on and you should be swearing about the boxes :-D

time to foil the brisket the butts however arent ready cause the temps wanted to keep dropping last night so i really have to work on this stickburning and i need a grate too .ribs and chix are on sorry no pics but i wasnt thinking clear when i put them on.
101_0285.jpg

Great way to work out all the kinks. We did a full on practice cook last weekend with boxes and everything. Somehow managed to make all our turn-in times, too. Good luck and keep us posted!

sorry i left ya hanging i had to get some sleep the good news is i got grand champion of my backyard.i made all the turn-in times since this is an fba comp the times are an hour apart i didnt get pics for chixor brisket but the brisket was overcooked it had real good flavor but was really overcooked the chicken came out good i was trying some new things that didnt work that well with the skin but that wasnt no big deal im pretty happy with my chicken,the ribs were probably some of the best i have ever cooked and if i can duplicate it at the comp im almost sure to get a call,the pork was really good and moist with a very tasty bark.
101_0288.jpg

101_0291.jpg

thanks for viewing

Back