Need Advice

Q

Que'inKC

Today I cooked 2 10lb butts in preparation for a co-workers Super Bowl party tomorrow afternoon...The butts were off the smoker at about 6:00pm rested until 7:30, then pulled and put into a couple alum pans, covered and placed in the fridge.

My question is how should I finish them off tomorrow...My thought was to add back some of the drippings I saved and warm them back up in the smoker...Should I add anything to the drippings? I'm doing a couple fatties tomorrow so not a big deal to put them back into the smoker.

Is this a good plan or does someone have a better one?

Thanks...Jeff

Sounds like an excellent plan to me. They will enjoy some fine Q tomorrow!!

only thing I would do different would be to warm the dripping in a pan, and add some rub to it. Otherwise, you're golden.

Hey Jeff, your on the right track. My crew has done it like that many times. Leave it in the pans and add some drippings, a shot of apple juice and some more rub and it will taste like you just pulled it.

Good point neighbor. I add the juices back in and sprinkle some rub on and mix it up. Really adds good flavor.

Thanks bros...Appreciate the help..I'm just glad I was on the right track...

Ditto everything above. You're on the right track.

I usually keep a bottle of apple juice around to keep it moist... add just enough to keep it from drying out while it reheats, and it seems to work really well.

I usually keep a bottle of apple juice around to keep it moist... add just enough to keep it from drying out while it reheats, and it seems to work really well.

That's what I do plus two tablespoons/lb of Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce.

You might add a bit (1 part in 20) of good ol Jack to that apple juice for medicinal purposes. I hear it wards off the flu.

Back