when to freeze pulled pork

BigBobBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I cooked some pulled pork yesterday and cooked more than plenty to have leftovers, my question is I will be eating it for the next little while until it is gone but at what point does it need to be frozen and not just refridgerated. I was thinking i would ziplock bag what I was going to eat within 3 or 4 days then vacuseal and freeze the rest and heat as needed. Does this sound fesible or should I freeze all but what I am eating in 2 days or so.

I usually refrigerate what I will eat within 4 to 5 days and freeze the rest. I've never had any issues.

Yeah me too.

If you're concerned, sometimes I'll actually vacuum seal it and keep it in the fridge. When I take some out, I'll just cut it open and reseal it. The vacuum sealing is supposed to keep things fresher in the fridge than regular ziplocks.

...if you're concerned.

I invested in a few foodsaver vac containers that I reuse (dishwasher safe). Food stays fresh for at least a week. I think food safety-wise you have 7 days if optimally stored. Sometimes I take the leftovers and make pork enchiladas (and then freeze that for an easy meal later).

I want to say thanks for all of the great information, I usually dont have many left overs if I do it was never more than enough for a day or 2 so this was the first time, for which now I know how to handle it properly.

I am about to hit the 1 week mark on my pulled pork and it tastes fine. I think it tastes better the longer it sits.

I let the meat cool. Ziplock what I plan to eat within the next 2 days or so and vacusuck the remaining. It's just so easy to put on a pot of boiling water and throw it in to reheat. I see no reason not to just do that.

I try to always cook an extra pork butt just to vac and freeze in small packs.
They are handy to have for bbq emergencies and for use in other recipes.
jon

A week has always been good for me Then I vacum suck it and freeze Then I only have to put the bag in boiling water to heat it up

Back