cinnamon
s&p&turbinado sugar

ikeday8-017.jpg

ikeday8-028.jpg

ikeday8-036.jpg

ikeday8-039.jpg

i think i'll tell them to leave the power off :biggrin:

That works for me! Looks great, Rick.

What are they telling you about restoring power?

When life gives you lemons......SMOKE A TURKEY!!.....Nicely done....Hope power is up soon

That works for me! Looks great, Rick.

What are they telling you about restoring power?

they say "be patient"

"Restoration Update (7 am - Monday, September 22)

3,000 Restored Sunday Night
Service was restored to 3,000 customers Sunday night, bringing the total without power to 35,000. We will be working through mid-week on individual pockets of outages. The work required to make repairs is extensive and time consuming.
Over the weekend, more than 200 linemen joined the restoration force, bringing the total number of people working on the outages to more than 1,500. There are currently crews from ten different states assisting in the restoration effort.
While this is not a comprehensive list, our efforts are focused in the following areas: Bellbrook, W. Alexandria, Eaton, Lewisburg, Camden, College Corner, Farmersville, Germantown, Kettering, Centerville, Dayton West, East Dayton, Huber Heights, Miamisburg, Bellbrook, Spring Valley, Oakwood, Fairborn, Beavercreek, Waynesville, Wilmington, New Vienna, Clarksville, Oregonia, Morrow, Xenia, Washington Court House, Sabina, Bloomingburg, Hillsboro, and Leesburg.
In the northern part of our service area, work on major outages has been completed in the following counties: Auglaize, Champaign, Darke, Logan, Mercer, Shelby, and Union. There are still isolated outages in several of these counties that we continue to address. As crews complete work in counties where power has been restored, they will move to areas still in need.
We have the necessary materials such as transformers, poles, cross-arms and wire, to make the repairs and these materials are staged throughout our service area.

DP&L appreciates our customers’ patience and cooperation through this emergency restoration effort.

The simplest, most efficient way for customers to report an outage is by calling 877-4OUTAGE (877-468-8243)."

Maybe you should have called that phone number and negotiated some lunch for the crews in trade for a electric-tricity hook-up.

Maybe you should have called that phone number and negotiated some lunch for the crews in trade for a electric-tricity hook-up.
Or just take some good Q to a crew. Linemen appreciate that kind of stuff.

Either way, the grub looks great as always!

Looks great Rick...who needs farkin power when you can eat like that!

We got power last night between 8 and midnight. I called my home phone at midnight to have the machine pick up, which told me it was time to come home!

We called the outage line again yesterday. Someone told me they called it Friday only to be told that the records showed they were supposed to have had power on the 18th, and they got it right away. It can't hurt too much to call the outage line again.

It's nice to have power and water again.

Great looking food. Hope you get the power back soon. When I lived in East Texas a huge ice storm tore down power lines and we had no power for 9 days. People don't realize just how tough it is without power for that length of time. Good luck!

Great pron as always Rick... one question tho.

With your culinary skills and the power outtage... how many 12 gauge shotguns keep the hungry scroungers away.... or do you tell them to pull up to a plate?

Glad to hear you're weathering out ok, heck, more than OK – no power and still putting up PRON.... :rolleyes: Can't wait till you, cmcadams and others get power back and throwing out more PRON tease big time! :grin:

Keep on with the good eats!

Rick,

Don't feel bad, it took one year to get power back to my office and house after Katrina! What a farking ordeal!! It can only get better; I promise!!

Keep que-in, it helps pass the time; and I love to see what you cook!!

Hang in there Bro,

Greg

Back