New BGE Lighter

bbqbull

Watching over us.
Reaction score
Ordered this the other day for lighting my BGE. Got it through Amazon
Untitled-140.jpg

Fired up the egg today, temps hovering just above zero and windy.
This thing does an awesome job lighting the egg, had temps of 350 in about 40 minutes. Cooked an 8# bone in pork butt in 7 hours.
It was a great meal for us tonite with lots of left overs.
No pictures were taken as I was too darned busy today making sure we are ready for the approaching winter storm.

Runs on the small canisters of propane, (green) or the skinny blue butane canisters, or is it for MAPP gas?

Opps, forgot to add the fuel source.
It uses the short fat green containers of propane.
It will also double as a weed burner for the pesky weeds that grow through the saw cuts in our concrete drive.

cool

If you want to see some neat videos, head over to Youtube and do a search for weedburner :p

What's that brass thing about half-way down the tube? Telescopic? Ignitor?

Yes a push button ignitor.

I will be ordering one, our electric calrod igniter just fried out, so time for a new one anyway!

That looks great I am also thinking about the loof lighter which looks pretty good

Thier ad says it's ok to use with either MAAP or propane. Not as impressive as a full size weed burner, but pretty cool!

That's looks like something I just cant live without. I always wanted a weed burner but I didn't want that tank handing around! Thanks for sharing.

Here ya go; Amazon.com: Bernzomatic 19425 JT850 Self-Igniting 20,000 BTU Outdoor Torch: Patio, Lawn & Garden

You have a few options:

the one shown above
regular one with a big tank to small tank converter
Guru golf club
Bernzomatic brazing torch kit with a hose (I think Harbor Freight carries something similar)
Frankenstein/handyman special (you can often find free old gas grill on Craigslist)

I just rub two pieces of lump together really fast to start my fires. :)

Cool new toy, Bull.

Opps, forgot to add the fuel source.
It uses the short fat green containers of propane.
It will also double as a weed burner for the pesky weeds that grow through the saw cuts in our concrete drive.

If they're green - they're MAPP gas not Propane. That's the good stuff :thumb: it burns hotter than propane. Makes lump crack and pop like the 4th of July.

If they're green - they're MAPP gas not Propane. That's the good stuff :thumb: it burns hotter than propane. Makes lump crack and pop like the 4th of July.

Schwa?

The standard color for MAPP bottles is yellow. Coleman markets propane in green.

mapp-gas-154.jpg

My stubby green bottles say propane on them!

Schwa?

The standard color for MAPP bottles is yellow. Coleman markets propane in green.

mapp-gas-154.jpg

That is the color of Mapp gas in bottles here.

Back