Is it ok to grill frozen burger patties?

thared33

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I don't want to wait 4-5 hours for them to thaw out. Is it OK to grill frozen burger patties, or am I going to run into some trouble?

Yes, as a matter of fact there is a brand that suggests you grill them frozen.

well. they do sell frozen patties, so i assume that it would be ok. ^^beat me too it

I do it all the time... Just cook a bit longer, if they are the store bought frozen ones I think they actually cook better from frozen.

I usually fry them when they're frozen and they turn out ok. I'm used to grilling them thawed though so I'll have to make an adjustment. I think I might move'em off to the side a little bit to thaw in the grill for starters, then move them over under the charcoal to get some slight burn to it. We'll see how it goes...

I throw frozen patties from costco straight on the heat and they turn out great.

At McDonalds they put them on Phrozen.:wink:

I had to do that at Christmas with 30 Brisket Burgers (7oz ones).

Came out great.

TIM

I do it all the time, just slightly adjust the cook time (longer) and temp (cooler) to let the inside come up to the desired doneness.

I've cooked the Costco ones from frozen but homemade ones I've always cooked fresh.

No problem to grill frozen. I think Pork bugers are best when grilled frozen.

Currently I've got some burgers, ABTs, onions, and a foil wrap of garlic cloves and onions about to head on the grill. Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

Ive cooked thousands of frozen burgers. I've catered a ton of bbq's and when you r cooking hundreds of burgers, frozen is the easiest way to go. Cook to your desired internal temp and viola!.

Even if you worried about them being frozen stick them in the microwave to defrost.

I won't do it any other way, unless I make the patties myself.

Seems the frozen ones fall apart on me and fall through the grates if I defrost them first.

Jeff

If you wrapped them in bacon, would that make them MOINK Patties?

Institutional burgers that are available at Sam’s and Costco are fine from frozen solid to fully cooked. Use a hot fire and cook them fast. We can cook a several cases an hour when the fire is right!!

thats why i have them, for quick cooks which means frozen. come out great.

Back