Kill it, Cook it, Eat it

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
A tv show on the Current TV network.

Today's segment ... Sausage.

A tourgroup (including Vegans) were witnesses for the visual reactions on camera.

Disclaimer... its a rather graphic segment... watching the entire aspect of raised pigs intended for consumption (from birth to the breakfast table)... including killing and butchering. Different approaches are shown (open pen/industrial).

Honestly... some scenes are very graphic and churned my stomach... realistically... for our own benefit.

Replay @ 2:00 pm EST on Comcast.

Last edited:
I'll pass (out).....I appreciate hunters and butchers, I'm very comfortable letting them do what they do so that I can go to my local market and purchase meat there or trade some homebrew to my cousin for some venison tyvm.

I think the show is a funny concept. I probably won't watch it though...I spend all my time here.

Let me get on my stump speech. I haven't watch the show but in my opinion I think anyone that eats meat should watch how it is raise/slaughter , there are alot of people today have no ideal where their food come from. It kinda like people that like war but have no ideal what takes place on a battle field

I've watched the beef, pork and lamb shows and thought they were tastefully done. :thumb:

Let me get on my stump speech. I haven't watch the show but in my opinion I think anyone that eats meat should watch how it is raise/slaughter , there are alot of people today have no ideal where their food come from. It kinda like people that like war but have no ideal what takes place on a battle field

I agree with ya Jestridge. :thumb:

Raising and butchering your own meat is a part of country living that I wouldn't trade for anything. I know my animals are treated like kings and queens from birth to the table, I know what goes into them (no medication or hormones)...They have the best lives possible...

I'm not so sure about store bought meat.

My Mom was a raised on the farm... was a fact of life for her. Guess being city-fied made life a little easier for my family later.

However... am not blind to the realities of life, either.
If it was a way of life... never heard of a vegan farmer, tho.

Raising and butchering your own meat is a part of country living that I wouldn't trade for anything. I know my animals are treated like kings and queens from birth to the table, I know what goes into them (no medication or hormones)...They have the best lives possible...

I'm not so sure about store bought meat.

I give that store-bought the royal treatment on my plate! :-D

I always enjoy watching vegans watch hunters doin their thang... Butchering takes it to a whole new level! :laugh:

Is there another time that the show is going to be on? I'm kinda stuck at the office till after 6pm and I would love to see it....

That reminds me of the time a friend of mine came up to visit from Seattle. I had to stop and feed my horse so he came with me. My neice walked by us said "Hi Uncle David who is your friend" as she reached down grab a chicken and snapped its neck and got ready to clean it right there. I thought he was going to throw up and he was sort of upset that she showed no emotion why doing it.

That reminds me of the time a friend of mine came up to visit from Seattle. I had to stop and feed my horse so he came with me. My neice walked by us said "Hi Uncle David who is your friend" as she reached down grab a chicken and snapped its neck and got ready to clean it right there. I thought he was going to throw up and he was sort of upset that she showed no emotion why doing it.

I sincerely feel that emotional attachment to something meant to be eaten is a bad thing. Care for them, yes. But getting attached is a bad idea.

In regards to the show, I tried to watch most of it yesterday and made it to the point where they were bleeding them out and my wife made me change the channel. I really wanted to see the processing part though.

Back