Pron...Last night's burgers & tonight's "ribs"

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Needed a quick meal last night, so I made bacon cheese burgers. The bacon is ground in with the meat. I used the gasser for time's sake. Pretty darn good.

Tonight we are having Pork shoulder Western Style Ribs - same as Country Ribs, I think. Dry rubbed with Adobo, Seasoning Salt, Course Ground Pepper and Mesquite BBQ seasoning from a local butcher...more pix later

Attachments

• Burgers off grill1.jpg
    Burgers off grill1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Burger cut.jpg
    Burger cut.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 183
  • Seasoned for smoker.jpg
    Seasoned for smoker.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 184
Good lookin burger, but I think the ribs could use a little more time in the cooker:twisted:.

A few people I know would be out on the burger, not done enough for them, other wise good food.

The burger looks perfect to me! Nice touch with the jalapenos!

looking good, but with the bacon in the burger you don't want raw pork.

Yeah, they look a little pink, but believe it or not, they were right on. The ribs, for you smart alecks, were just seasoned on their way to the grill. I ended up basting them in creole butter and then sauced them during the last 15 minutes or so. I'll post pix later...

Okay, the pictures from last night when the ribs first came off didn't turn out - but I reheated the leftovers for lunch in the oven for a couple of hours with a bit of creole butter marinade in the pan to keep them moist. Here's the best picture of them I have (although still not a good pix)...

Attachments

• Ribs done.jpg
    Ribs done.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 58
That is a wonderful looking burger and cooked pretty close to perfect IMO. And yes, the japs are a nice touch.

Questions though - was the bacon cooked before grinding it with the meat and what was the meat - looks really good?

That is a wonderful looking burger and cooked pretty close to perfect IMO. And yes, the japs are a nice touch.

Questions though - was the bacon cooked before grinding it with the meat and what was the meat - looks really good?

The bacon was not cooked, but was ground fine enough that it cooked quickly. The meat was ground sirloin.

Back