Wierdest most exotic meat you've ever smoked.....

pigdog

Full Fledged Farker
I sit around and wonder what this animal or that animal may taste like smoked. For instance, I was thinking about rabbit, snake, gator etc.

I went to a rodisio grill once and had the wild game tray, and remembering that , I contemplated this question.

So, any racoon, squirrel etc smokers on board?

aw interesting. Bear is pretty greasy as I remember. It should be loaded with juicy meat

I'm just a half year old in the smoking game,smoked some croc,roo and springbok....all of them were mighty tasty!

not so much weird but i did rabbit with a brine in red wine. with cherry wood
didnt care for it. next time if there is one i will grill it. basic salt, pepper, garlic.

what the heck is a springbok?

I know you've got google but here you go!:-D

Springbok_Namibia.jpg

That looks like a fancy pronghorn. Oddest thing I have smoked is monkey face eel.

Freshly killed and prepped squirrel over an open wood fire. It was somma the best meat I've ever had.

Actually Phubar, it is a little like eel, a tad drier than eel, but, a good flavor, mostly dark meat fish. We use it as a substitute for Unagi eel for eating over rice.

Actually Phubar, it is a little like eel, a tad drier than eel, but, a good flavor, mostly dark meat fish. We use it as a substitute for Unagi eel for eating over rice.

I wonder if they sell it over here and want to taste the difference between the Monkey eel and the Irish eel,we get our eel from Ireland,they don't eat it over there.
Maybe I should ask BramBBQ...:idea:

Well, you know us Hillbillies. About the strangest was grandpa boiling and then open campfire crow. Yes, he loved it. It is pretty common for squirrel brains, opossum, snake, always rabbit , quail, , and racoon. They are all good. Oh, rocky mountain ousters are another delicacy. If it walks, talks, grunts, moves, grazes, or is alive...it's good for the dinner table.

Back