Pork Loin vs Boneless Rib Eye

The Grill Sergeant

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
For years I have suffered through (at the hands of my brother and my son) dry pork loin. Never said anything, but I thunk it. Even tried my hand and a few of 'em and the result wasn't any better - DRY.

Over the last few weeks, I've been workin the recepies over as well as the cook temps and I now think I've perfected it!

Simply: season it > smoke it low n slo til 130* > wrap it in foil and add either apple juice or chicken broth > then braise till 155*. Pull > let set > eat.

While ur at it, u can take the juices and turn 'em into a great, great gravy and if u happen to have some smashed taters... Well, u know the rest.

The last loin I bought, I did so @ $1.88 a lb and the other day I happened to be at the store and they had some boneless pork rib eye @ $1.99 a lb. I figured, "what the heck". I took home a 4 pounder.

Seasoned it with Emeril's Essence and prepared it the same way as a loin. It was OMG delicious.

Exit stage right - enter stage left: I happen to have a fair chunk of it left over with no extra potatoes or gravy and I got to thinkin... What would I get if I cubed the rest of the portion and sauted it with a few onions and some shrums...

Then I added 4 cheese Alfredo and served it over Farfala. I added no extra seasoning or nuttin.

The result was OMG delicious - specially with ghetto toast. That's toasted white bread with butter & granulated garlic.

Wish my camera was betr...

Attachments

• ribeye.jpg
    ribeye.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Alfredo.jpg
    Alfredo.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 94
Looks excellent! Thanks for the pasta idea too. :thumb:

I never thought to braise it after it hits temp. I agree, 130F is the target form pulling it off the smoker.

Back