Stepping up in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzccva

Found some matches.
Reaction score
So one of my co-workers (Alphaking on here) for the longest time has been telling me I need to step up from the offset grill to a Big Green Egg and thus far I have to say I am enjoying it. Today is my first cook with it I am doing a 6.5lbs brisket and three racks of baby backs. Overall startup was simple and regulating the temp is cake compared to my offset.

Anyway on to my intro my name is Don I have been really Qing for about 2 years by this I mean every weekend cooking some mound of flesh into a tasty treat. Again my co-worker got me really into smoking before I would just q a steak or grill some burgers but I think after a time or two of him bringing in some great brisket I figured I would give it a try. I one my first smoker in a bowling league over a summer it was a vertical Char Griller. It worked pretty good but you really had to keep an eye on it. After about five cooks on that I found that I needed to replace my propane grill that I had for 5 years so I went and bought the CharGriller two in one propane and smoker, and have been using that for the last 1.5 years. It has been a good grill but I was getting sick and tired of wrapping the meat to keep it moist and having to babysit the tinder box. So I find myself here with the Big Green Egg as my next logical step.

I look forward to learning from you all and look forward to posting plenty of pics.

Don

Here is the brisket going on today.
IMG_20110320_090403.jpg

Old Hotness
IMG_20110320_083805.jpg

New Hotness
IMG_20110320_083814.jpg

Welcome to the party and congrats on the new toy in your arsenal.

Here are the updates to the first cook

Halfway on the brisket
IMG_20110320_120218.jpg

The ribs
IMG_20110320_120224.jpg

Ribs on, had to cut them to get them to fit right though that kinda sucked.
IMG_20110320_120847.jpg

Glad you could join us. :thumb:Looks like some tasty food should be ready to eat.

All in all was a fun cook on the egg for the first time. All the meat turned out great and it was so nice to get a nice moist brisket out with out having to wrap it. Anyway all more to come in the future next up is a couple of butts.

Brisket Done.
IMG_20110320_163319.jpg

Ribs Done.
IMG_20110320_164718.jpg

Final Spread.
IMG_20110320_172803.jpg

All cut up.
IMG_20110320_174027.jpg

Close up on the brisket.
IMG_20110320_174034.jpg

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Welcome from the Hoosier state!! Excellent looking chow.

Welcome from Indiana!!!!!

Grub looks VERY good!:clap2:

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welcome aboard! Really nice job on your first Egg cook! :thumb:

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome from SoCal - thanks for putting up the awesome pron - nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back