Cooked and ate my 1st Ribeye steak - pr0n included

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Cooked my 1st Ribeye steak’s tonight for supper after reading the information on this post.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138488

Rubbed a thin layer of butter flavored EVVO, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper on the ribeye’s. Fired up the Weber performer and waited for the kingsford blue charcoal to get hot & white. I had a hot direct side and an indirect side. Started with the steaks on the indirect side until they reached 110 internal temperatures. Then I seared them on both sides. I thought I seared them on too long. Internal temp was 137. Let them rest with a pat of butter on them. This was the 1st ribeye I had ever grilled or eaten.

My wife tasted it to see if see needed some steak sauce. She said she would eat it plain. Good sign! The steaks were medium with a little pink inside, very tender, great taste. My wife has been eating ribeye’s forever; she said I was the best ribeye that she has ever had. Trust me, she wasn’t just trying to be nice. We have been married for 35 years.

Here are the pics as it happened.

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

Also baked some fresh vegetables that were brushed with chipotle EVVO and dusted with garlic salt.

Congratulations, Pappy!! Now you know what you've been missing!

Looks great, Brother!

It's 10:15pm where I am and you are making me hungry. I have to move on away from this thread.

Yay! Another score with the reverse sear.

I'd eat one... or two of those.

Ay mami! Very nice. Made my evening knowing it was made in a Performer!

That is what I am talking about! Great job on the eyes. However, could you expound on this statement you wrote? "she said I was the best ribeye that she has ever had." :confused:

Dang that looks good. Ribeye is by far my favorite steak. Love that fat flavor.

great grilling and pictures congrats to you. there is nothing bettter then a fatty ribeye. never trim the fat its delicious . better for you then sugar- i am on atkins diet lost weight sticking to protein and veggies occasionally have sugar use splenda mainly.

also love a good t-bone

http://thebarbecuemaster.net

Back