T-Shirt Vendors - Any recommendations?

crd26a

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We're looking at getting some t-shirts made for our new logo, but we're at 7 colors (see attached image). Due to the cost of setup, could become expensive. I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations / vendors they've used and been happy with, that have helped to keep cost low.

Any info you can share is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• borderwar-logo-small[1].JPG
    borderwar-logo-small[1].JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 238
I just went through the same thing. I was able to reduce to 5 colors and use the color of the shirt as a color. I would have to say that the logo looks just as good as with the full 7 colors. Just a thought.

Dan

zazzle.com - used them onse, and they are great. What I like about them no screening fee. shirts are around $20 each. SO you need to do a break even analsys on how many shirts you want to buy.

Can you change the art to CMYK? That would change it to 4 color.

BTW, I count 9 colors: Black, Yellow, Green, Lt Blue, Dk Blue, Red, White, Brown, Orange

IMHO - In the long run, it's best to deal with a local screen printer. Yes, there are screen charges, set up, etc and the first run of shirts may be a little pricey. In the long run, having local vendors who can also act as referral sources (or customers), who know you and your business is important. YGWYPF

Can you change the art to CMYK? That would change it to 4 color.

BTW, I count 9 colors: Black, Yellow, Green, Lt Blue, Dk Blue, Red, White, Brown, Orange

Correct on the 9 when we throw in white. Had slighed my count.

How did you design the file?

I only have enough graphic knowledge to be dangerous, but programs like Photoshop should allow the art to be changed to a 4 color CMYK - however, I don't think that's a screen print friendly format. But I believe other digital options exist for printing on shirts.

Fast signs might do shirts, might be worth a call.

FWIW, I tried cafepress.com and printfection.com to do a few shirts with my logo on the front, and "Don't Fear the Reaper" on the back. I found printfection.com to produce a far superior T-shirt.

That said, it was for a small quantity and if I was to do a large quantity I would look to a loval provider.

BTW, both provided excellent turnaround times..

How many shirts are you looking for? There are other short run processes that look and wear better than screen printing that don't require set-ups. We use a Solvent ink thermal cut & transfer process, and there are a lot of people offering direct to garment printing as well.

I have used Sports Imprinters from Pueblo, Colorado. I do not know the minimum order. They do many of the contests shirts and other items.
The owner is a KCBS supporter: Randy Anderson
1-719-544-4777

Merl

Digital printed tee shirts are the way to go. You can get as many colors as you like. WWW.queensboro.com. I have had lots of t-shirts, hats, polos done there. They have specials every week.

I used uberprints.com for a digital print. No minimum orders, I think we ordered 12 shirts and the price came down to around $15/per shirt.

They were very fast. We had our shirts in 4 days.
The only drawback is that for digital prints, you are limited to certain color shirts.

Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, you've pointed me in some great directions.

Queensboro.com

T-shirts $8.95 four shirt minimum.

sign up and wait and an discount promo code will appear in your email box with in a day. Free Shipping for other great deal.

A local screen printer told me the digital printed shirts washout after about ten wash cycles. Have any of you that went the digital route had any problems with wear? Thanks.

We ordered through Cafepress because they were simply the best deal for numbers we needed and had such a huge variety of items.

Been washing them for 2 years and they still look great.

A local screen printer told me the digital printed shirts washout after about ten wash cycles. Have any of you that went the digital route had any problems with wear? Thanks.

The shirts I've done digitally out lasted the last batch of screen printed ones by a wide margin. But, your mileage may vary, There are a lot of variables in both screen printing and digital printing that impact the longevity of the garment.

Back