Sole Gourmet Wood-Fired Pizza & Smoker Double Oven

rlic80

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used one of these? In my ongoing quest for a new smoker, I came across this:

2_67_sowfdop_800.jpg

It appears to be rather well made, although I can't quite figure out if you'd really get a good smoke as the vents in the combustion chamber run along the side and then into the top chamber via holes in the roof. I'd imagine if there were holes in the sides of the top chamber, more smoke would permeate that area.

It's still about $500 over my budget, but it is pretty and versatile.

Thoughts?

well i found this diagram it appears that the bottm oven was designed as a baking oven with no smoke and the top one smoke enters the chamber toward the bottom on the sides, those holes on top appear to be the exhaust for the smoking chamber. Well cant get photo to go so here is the link. just go to down page and enlarge diagram. http://www.selectappliance.com/exec/ce-product/so_sowfdo

well i found this diagram it appears that the bottm oven was designed as a baking oven with no smoke and the top one smoke enters the chamber toward the bottom on the sides, those holes on top appear to be the exhaust for the smoking chamber. Well cant get photo to go so here is the link. just go to down page and enlarge diagram. http://www.selectappliance.com/exec/ce-product/so_sowfdo

Nice find. Here's that image you were talking about:

so_works.jpg

If only that lower chamber had some sort of grilling option instead of solely being a baking chamber, I'd heavily consider the investment.

Super awesome and about 17 Benjamins out of my budget.

Nice find. Here's that image you were talking about:

If only that lower chamber had some sort of grilling option instead of solely being a baking chamber, I'd heavily consider the investment.

Thanks Rlic, dont know why but it would not attatch. and your right on the chamber this thing looks really well done otherwise.

Nice drawing - makes me think building one would be fun, as long as you have a proven drawing or plans.
Does not look too complicated. If you install some movable dampers in the right places you may be able to moderate temps. in the upper and lower ovens.

I saw one of these in person today at Greenleaf BBQ, who also happens to be a brethren under the same name.

It is a very nice unit,

Back