Fired up the new smoker yesterday.............

woody1949

Got Wood.
Name or Nickame
Larry
Well......I finished the new smoker yesterday.....at least I think I did.....pulled it out of the shop and test fired it to see how it worked.....it seems to take a long time to bring the temp up....I have some leakage around the doors so I need to investigate the options for gaskets............have a TI at each end of the cook chamber..........this is set up with a FB in the center with a cook chamber on either side..........left side is 26" X 42"...right side is 24" X 52".....both sides have a deflector plate for reverse flow operation.....both cookers run hotter on the FB end by about 15-20 degrees F........6" X 6" inlets and outlets tied to a common stack with dampers in inlets and outlets and also in the stack so that I can open the FB directly and bypass both smokers....

Left side seems to run a little hotter than right side......I spent about 4 hours just playing with damper settings and watching temperatures..........I think I have a lot of leakage around the stack damper and am now having second thoughts about whether I need it and should I just block that off permanently and force all smoke and heat through the cook chambers....

I am still trying to get pics off my phone onto my PC so I can post some...

Still need to paint it.......and bolt on the stainless steel work shelves......

Just an update.....I will keep you posted on progress and keep trying to get pictures

You can place biscuits at various spots and see where your hot spots are too Looking forward to your pics

Looking forward to the pictures,cling wrap and silicon around the cooking chamber works for me

email the pics to yourself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back