Pork Spare Rib Price

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So I'm the same store where I got the butts (not enhanced) for 69 cents a pound and I saw spareribs in cryovacs (not enhanced) for a dollar nineteen. I bought four huge racks in two packs, about 25 pounds total (All they had left), for a little less than 30 dollars. Was this a good deal? I do so love spare ribs. What's everyone else paying?

Yes! Best I've seen is Sams $1.39 a pound. You didn't buy'em all did you? I'm on the way!
Really where were they, have a request for Tgiving Ribs.

Sorry! They only had two packs left and I got both. They were at Stepherson's on Macon again, but it's the same company as Super Low so you may want to call the store on Colonial next to Target?

$1.19 is a great price. I bought a truckload just a few weeks back and my cost from the packer was $1.06 lb and now the cost has went up to $1.15lb. So paying 1.19 at retail was a great price!

Mike

her in the 505 they have been going for around 1.19 to 1.39. did manage to score some on base on sale for 1.00lb. oh and found some butts for .98lb.
either way like i told my wife, its a bargain at twice the price lol

costco is always the best around here... $1.79 for spares. Their butts are always boneless though... they work and are good quality, but I like having the bone-in style butts. Hmm, that sounds kinda dirty doesn't it? lol

Anyone else out there have that prob with costco butts?

Here in s.chicago I can get spares for $1lb but they are chit. The dog does'nt even like 'em... well not that bad. For good spares I pay about $1.49lb on sale. Butts have been on sale everywhere recently for .88-.99lb.

I found some for $1.19 a pound in cryo bags a while back, but I found out later that they were some scrawny Danish ribs. They had a bad "off" taste. Maybe that's what you ended up with.

Never again.

Friend of mine tells me there is a meat market in town that sells spares for $.99 / lb. but they are junk because they are HUGE and come off monster hogs.

Seems a rack of spare ribs in the grocery store weigh in at about 5lbs. and go for about $2 / lb.

If you got good spares for $1/lb. then you scored.

Good price. Sometimes the big slabs can be a little tough so make sure you have a good rub that will begin breaking them down. I always trim them up too to try and help that.

Back